Thread: Manufacturing date of table saw

Manufacturing date of table saw

I’ve inherited my Dad’s Craftsman Table Saw. It runs great but now I’m trying to find the manufacturing date. It’s not on the saw. I’ve viewed an online owners manual and it’s not there either. I made call after call to every Sears and Craftsman number I thought could help and they don’t have a clue. They just give me the run around. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. The model number is 113.298051 serial number is 6119.M0012. I saw a forum somewhere that the first two numbers in the serial number was the
    year and the second two numbers was the week of that year. So that would make it 1961 and whenever the nineteenth week is. That doesn’t make sense to me. My Dad bought it new on June 10 1987. So I figured it is probably around ‘85 to ‘87 somewhere around there. I’m just wanting to find out for sure. Thanks.
    Last edited by David Reach; 08-05-2019 at 2:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

Blog Entries
    The 113 indicates it was built by Emerson Electric.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks Lee that’s more than I had.

On the very last page of the manual it said printed in the USA on 5/87, so I would guess around 1986.