Thread: NYW Plans Template Dilemma

NYW Plans Template Dilemma

I purchased the plans for the all weather loveseat but ran in to a rather big problem. When the plans were purchased and mailed to you, if applicable, they would include the full size templates for difficult cuts. Now, since they no longer mail the plans but only offer the option to print at home, the templates included are utterly useless. Well, unless they specify the correct percentage to enlarge the template size to, its anyone’s guess on what the correct number is. Getting them printed on a large format printer isn’t a problem (36x48). If anyone can give me some insight or possibly have the templates and would like to sell them I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes, I contacted TOH concerning the issue I am having but never received a response.

If you have a print shop near by, they can print them for you. If not, I have a CAD plotter at work. I can PM my email to you and you can email them to me. I can plot them and send them to you.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

If you have digital vector based plans you only need one dimension to adjust the size of the drawing to full scale. Once that is done you can get prints made from a number of sources. Printers are good if they are accurate. I normally put large paper on my CNC Router table and use a special holder for a permanent marker so I can make my own templates. Anyone with a vinyl cutter can also produce accurate templates. There may be a CNC Operator here who would be willing to help.

"Use The Force Luke" there is a wealth of talent right here at The Creek.

Matthias Wandel has a program that he wrote called BigPrint. It works pretty well. It allows you to import a picture, choose a place on the picture and enter the dimension, then it will scale the picture to print properly on your printer to get that exact dimension. https://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Fenneman View Post
    Matthias Wandel has a program that he wrote called BigPrint. It works pretty well. It allows you to import a picture, choose a place on the picture and enter the dimension, then it will scale the picture to print properly on your printer to get that exact dimension. https://woodgears.ca/bigprint/
    That's a neat program. Thanks for posting that.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.