Thread: Shop time = good time

Shop time = good time

I got to spend a few hours in my shop this weekend finishing up a project and setting up a new tool. All in all it was time well spent. Both efforts will be covered in individual posts in the appropriate sub-forum. I’ve determined that hand tool woodworking is the best blood pressure medicine there is. Like I need to tell you guys and gals that.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Until I start throwing things....somedays, you have to know when to just stop and walk away for a day....

Yup, or hone your skills on mistake fixing

I had a few episodes of that yesterday. I made a couple bonehead errors that resulted in some joinery that was..."imprecise". I used a couple techniques I learned in FWW and the goofs are invisible now.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I’ve determined that hand tool woodworking is the best blood pressure medicine there is.
    Preach it brother!

Somedays, I can hide out down in the shop for hours...other than Potty breaks....just lost in my own world....loose track of time, too...then wonder WHY I am so sore, later

I use handtools mainly because there is very little room for the big machines....besides, noise would travel up through the floor..bad enough when the cussing starts Dust collector? Model I use is a Broom & Dustpan....save on the electric bill, too...

EXCELLENT comments by all of you!!! Fully agree...Some days, when I'm having a bad day, i just head to the shop to unwind, decompress...My spouse understands the odd person I am..
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Yup, or hone your skills on mistake fixing

. . . . I made a couple bonehead errors that resulted in some joinery that was..."imprecise". I used a couple techniques I learned in FWW and the goofs are invisible now.
    This is a topic I think should be covered more comprehensively by magazine articles, TV shows, etc., and worth a lot more sharing of tips.