To run sheet vinyl floor a distance up the wall at the edges of a room requires a support like "cove stick" molding (e.g. 70 and 75). I haven't found this type of molding for sale locally and the last time I ordered it online, it was expensive. Is there a simpler alternative?

I tried cutting the "cove stick" profile out of wood. I using a router to cut the profile in the edge of a wide board and then cutting off a strip of the board to get the molding. However, the cut along the hair thin edges of the profile leaves a jagged edge. The jagged edge might not matter (since the molding goes underneath the flooring, not on top of it) , but I'm interested in simple alternatives.