Thread: Finish room positive pressure?

Finish room positive pressure?

Trying to finish up the shop before walls go up shortly. Wondering if any of y'all have any kind of positive pressure setup into the finiah room to ensure it stays dust free? Mine is adjacent to my DC closet, and thinking about building one additional plenum return from the DC closet into the finish room, making sure it goes thru a real fine filter before exhausting into shop. I already have one plywood multiple bend plenum return lined with accoustic foam that goes back into shop, and thought adding one into the finish room might add return capacity while also taking care of the positive pressure issue need (if in fact it'll work as planned.

Thoughts? Has anyone done something like this, or have another idea on that? TIA for any assistance all!!

The DC return should have almost no pressure. If it does, it takes away from the dust collection performance. Also, operations like emptying the bin or cleaning the filter of the DC might introduce dust to the finish room. For my finish room, I think I am going keep the door closed and run an air purifier, like a Honeywell to keep the dust level minimal. Mine w

Tom,
    You are right about using DC closet air into finish room, even if filtered, bad idea. I'll direct the DC closet air return right back into the shop, like many have suggested.

For the finish room, I think I'd like to use some sort of filtered inlet fan to route air from the shop into the FR, so that shortly before I walk in, I can turn on the fan, and I don't have to worry about dust following me in, just a slight amount of positive pressure would suffice. What I'm trying to determine is where I can find a fan like that, that would alos allow for a filter inline?
    Also hoping to do similar with exhaust fan, so that while I'm spraying or whatever that has fumes/overspray, I can turn on the exhaust fan, which would draw a small amount of air thru the filtered inlet fan, even if it's not on. In a perfect world, that exhaust outlet would have a switched door that opens when I turn on fan, and otherwise normally closed, which would also make the positive pressure thing work, since I would only have inlet fan on prior to opening door. Make sense? Any assistance on what type of fan to use, and where to get it most competitively is MUCH appreciated!! TIA for any input!!!

Meant to add, hoping to make these wall mounted fans inside the walls if possible, but wll use what's needed. Not really sure what's available, but since drywall goes up in about a week, this perfect time to finish up the finish room plan.
    Last edited by Dave Burson; 08-06-2019 at 9:55 AM.