First of all, at this time, I do not have access to this laser that has the problem. My information is coming via text messages from my father.

So my father has a 50 Watt fiber laser with a Raycus source. It was purchased from a US dealer that assembled it here with Chinese parts. I believe he is running EzCAD Version 2.14.9.

He has a job where he needs to put words on a wide ring. He has a rotary that was provided by the company he purchased his laser from, but it wasn't easy to use with rings, so he bought a different one with a better chuck designed for jewelry. The new rotary has a similar stepper but is a 1:1. The old rotary had a gear and a belt. He did not change any of the driver settings inside the machine and adjusted his EzCAD settings to match the new ratio. It seems to be just fine as far as movement, holding, etc.

Here is the problem: When he uses the rotary to mark a wide wring with words, the first few words seem to be only receiving a portion of the power he has requested the source to use. After the first few words, the laser appears to be doing an excellent job and firing at the requested power. Almost like it is ramping up power. It does it every time.

I asked him to try it flat and not use the rotary, and sure enough the same problem. But, I asked him to recreate it and do it flat. It works just fine. Then he changed the job to a rotary job, and "Boom" the problem comes back. If he moves it back to a flat job from the rotary, the problem is there again.

I assume that all this information is correct. If it is, I'm thinking of software. The company that sold him the laser said it was the rotary that they didn't sell him. They told him it was affecting the laser source. Logically, I can't make a case for this. He has not tried the job with his old rotary as the chuck is not easy to set up with the kind of part he is marking. I think that is his next step to prove the vendor right or wrong by using the old rotary.

I hope in the next couple of weeks to make a trip to see him so I can troubleshoot in person, but I tried to see what I could do here at my house.

I am running EzCAD 2.14.11 with a 30 Watt laser using a Raycus source. My rotary is one I added on with some parts laying around my place. I have looked at a lot of settings. I am not sure what plugin he is using for rotary, but the ones I have don't seem to have any parameters that would impact power. I have tried a bunch of things, and it all works well. He has not had a chance to send me his file.

He sent me a video of his marks on a copper fitting he is using as a test platform.