Yes. I know. This topic has been beaten to death. Nevertheless, when I get to the end of any thread on this topic I am totally confused. So here goes:

For whatever reason Veritas does not offer paring chisels. I have some of their bench chisels I have ground to 20 degrees and use for paring end grain. What I WANT is a chisel or two for paring with longer, more flexible blades with a noticeably longer reach. Blue Spruce offers some gorgeous paring chisels but in A2 steel. A2 does not LIKE 20 degree bevels ! And sometimes that low angle is useful for soft wood. So, since Veritas does not or will not offer a longer reach blade, it seems to me I am boxed into Japanese blades.

Inasmuch as my age precludes waiting years, and my bank account cannot handle exotic Japanese builders, I have spotted Nishiki blades on TFWW that seem to be in my neighborhood. So my question is this:

Should I wait for Veritas (forever?) to offer paring chisels in PM-V11 steel, should I jump at TFWW Nishiki xtra thin paring chisels, or do I need to look elsewhere? No, I cannot fly down under to steal Derek's many sets. It is my hope I have kept this simple enuff to keep me out of the weeds.

:>)