Thread: Lie nielsen video-new to me

Lie nielsen video-new to me

Hi All,

I came across a very good video tour of the Lie-Nielsen Toolworks factory. I hadn't seen it before, so maybe you didn't either. I follow a YouTube channel called"Titans of CNC" because I'm a business owner and have a machine shop and I like that kind of stuff. Anyway,it turns out that Titan Gilroy did a tour of the Lie-Nielsen facility focusing on their machining, their machines, and their Made in USA/Made in Maine commitment. I enjoyed the video very much.

I don't know how to post a link so I'll describe how to find it...on YouTube search for "Titans of CNC". Go to their page, click on "Titans of CNC Academy" then click on "videos" and scroll way down through the many machining videos to the one titled "Titan visits master tool maker Tom Lie-Nielsen".

I enjoyed it...maybe you will too.

Regards,
    Bill

Blog Entries
    Posting a link is as easy as 'cut & paste' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67V9anV6fY

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

While I lived in MA, when back east, I did a lot of business in ME. It is great country for a holiday if you are planning one. LN's showroom is candy-land. Work benches and all the tools hang on the wall for you to try them out. It really is unfair. You may have to shorten your vacation when you drag everything out of there. Really nice people making really nice products.

I enjoyed seeing that video again and have visited the factory a couple of times, even doing the lobster picnic. The segment is really well done and the production quality was reflective of pro videographers. Thanks for posting it. Lie-Nielsen is a unique company that I hope will continue to serve the craft for a long time.