Thread: Dewalt DCS334 Jigsaw

Dewalt DCS334 Jigsaw

I've been wanting a cordless jigsaw for quite some time. For 20+ years I've been using a Bosch 1587 AVS, which has been great. But dragging out an extension cord whenever I'm away from the bench has been more and more a mental obstacle as I've aged.

The other day I took possession of a Dewalt DCS334 and I have to say, I'm impressed. I thought the Bosch was tough to beat but right from the first cut I was in love. I cut a 3' line in 1/4" MDF paneling straight as an arrow, and with a skinny blade (which I needed for a curve at the end). And the LED light is a savior for these old eyes. No regrets here.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Lithium Ion & brushless motors have certainly made a big splash in the hand tool arena.
    Just a few years ago I was about done with any and all cordless tools. Since then, I've done a 180 & now I sewar by them.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

I picked one up at the recent Lowes buy this and get free battery and charger sale. I am impressed as well. I don't think it's as powerful as my Bosch, but being cordless is a BIG plus. I took it out to my rubbish bin to cut up some junk to toss in the bin. It cuts straight and fast. And no tail when doing small turn around cuts. That is the biggest plus. I have a bunch of other 20v DW's and I am happy. The Li Ions sure changed the tool world. No matter if you buy Makita, Milwaukee or Dewalts, you be happy. My $0.02 would be to keep the same line so all your batteries interchange. I'm wondering it the DW wormdrrive cordless can keep up with my Skill wormdrive....... I'm keeping an eye on that. Probably won't buy one since having a cord on a worm drive isn't that big a deal.

The reason I finally settled on the Dewalt was I already had an investment in Dewalt 20v batteries. So I bought the bare version.

I've got the previous version, the DCS331B, which I got for "free" with the purchase of a flexvolt 7 1/4" circular saw. I've been very pleased with it, with one exception, which is that the angle release is a bit lose, so I'll sometimes find it going sideways into a bevel cut.

Have you noticed a similar issue with the DCS334?

In truth, I'm a Milwaukee guy even though I do have a few DeWalt things. What's turning me off lately is my problem with getting someone at the local DeWalt depot to answer a phone call.
    I have no problems with any other supplier; since after-sales service is huge for me, I'm not a DeWalt fan lately.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Julie, does the dewalt have a dust blower? Lack of one is my biggest complaint with the cordless bosch I have....
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Julie, does the dewalt have a dust blower? Lack of one is my biggest complaint with the cordless bosch I have....
    Yes it does, Paul. But as I'm using it more, I have noticed it doesn't square the cut as well as the Bosch 120v.