I've been cutting sheets of half inch MDF into parts for about ten years now. First in MS, where I had decent external cyclone system that pulled most out. Most recently in my shop here in Arkansas.
I've been using a HF DC and for past couple of years, it's been housed outside in an enclosure. This was because the unit leaked from either the bag or the cloth. MDF is super fine.
Has worked OK, but it struggles with moisture clogging up the cloth filter and it just doesn't drop the dust into the bag as it clogs.
Mainly using flex hose, 4". Runs are about 10-15 feet which is longer than what they should be.

Unfortunately, my ceiling is only 8ft, sheetrocked and stippled (why stipple your shop ceiling? Only the PO knows for sure)

So I've been looking at changing to a cyclone to help. I will most probably move the new unit back into shop, I can keep an eye on it better and dump properly. Maybe next year build better enclosure that will keep it dryer or enclose a corner if I think I need to....
Not worried about noise, shop tools are noisy enough to need hearing protection any way.
Will run a line from rear of shop where DC will be straight towards front with probably a drop at rear and one in center and one in front. Will keep the flex down to maybe 4 to 8 feet max. (drop from ceiling to tool)

Question for anyone using much MDF, will the Cyclone help? or will a lot go through to the main filter?
Looking at the 1 1/2 Grizzly or maybe the 2HP, I'm limited to amperage coming to the shop, would be able to plug in the 110v but rewire for the 2HP 220V machine.
(YES, obviously the 2 is better, but will either help in this situation)