Thread: Best Machine for "YETI" Type Products

Best Machine for "YETI" Type Products

If all you did every day was engrave "Yeti" style mugs, what machine would you buy?
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

If you're fine with using cermark on bare stainless a co2 laser with a rotary would work pretty good. I have a 50w galvo fiber with a rotary and I do a lot of yeti cups. Most here will tell you a fiber laser is too slow for cups. I did get an order of 300 yeti cups with a logo and an American flag on the other side and I could get 11 cups done in an hour, so I was making pretty good money. I am not for certain, but sometimes I think my fiber is faster than some people using co2 lasers on painted cups. From what I know using a fiber you want painted cups because it looks nicer and is wayyyyyy faster than the bare stainless. Using a fiber to do a black mark on bare stainless using a rotary takes a long time, but you don't have to use cermark. This is what I know and you can decide for yourself. haha good luck.

Alpha Laser-150w
    yag laser welder
    Laser Star-80w yag laser welder
    Laser Marking Technologies
    Marksman Dominator-50w galvo fiber-raycus
    Miller Snycrowave 350 LX
    C
    erakote applicator
    Clausing-8520 milling machine
    South Bend-Lathe

I'd find a good used Gravograph LS800 with a rotary, which IMO is the one of the best rotary's out there,
    has a chuck and many attachments, handles 10" diameter x16" long stuff, this is one of those Yeti 'Gallon's on mine,
    and it's barely using up more than half the room!
    yg2.jpg
    - YOU know the machines are bulletproof.

The 800's are half my 900, 12x24 vs. 24x24... My BIL bought an 800 a year after I got my 900, it deep engraves cedar boxes every day... still
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Ross

Yeti's and clones are a big part of my business. My Trotec Speedy 300 80 watt is both fast and accurate. The 300 rotary device is superior to the smaller version in that it allows for more adjustments.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Trotec Speedy 300 80 Watt (2017)
    Trotec Speedy 300 80 Watt (2019)

Nice, and the following vid shows it seems to compensate for radial stretch well-

But what if you need to engrave beyond the 130-ish degree 'practical' limit?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle