Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes a good bandsaw blade?

I have used the better Olsen blades on ny 14" saw and they are longerlasting and better then their cheaper blade. If I could only stop hitting metal with them.
    I have resharpened one once already, and need to do it again because I hit metal again.
    I bought a ceramic tristone for sharpening the teeth after touching up with a diamond file.

Which Lennox blades should I be looking at for a smaller 14" saw? It seems like all of their wood blades start at 1" and go wider, which is more than a 14" can handle.

I've been using the Timberwolf blades from Suffolk Machinery on my Rikon 10-325. They're reasonably priced and seem to last much longer than the Woodslicer blades I've tried. I use the bandsaw almost exclusively for resawing and other straight cutting tasks that my tablesaw can't do.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lester View Post
    Which Lennox blades should I be looking at for a smaller 14" saw? It seems like all of their wood blades start at 1" and go wider, which is more than a 14" can handle.

I've been using the Timberwolf blades from Suffolk Machinery on my Rikon 10-325. They're reasonably priced and seem to last much longer than the Woodslicer blades I've tried. I use the bandsaw almost exclusively for re sawing and other straight cutting tasks that my tablesaw can't do.
    I have read claims that various other blades in smaller sizes were actually rebadged Lennox blades. I won't give specifics because I don't know that for sure and don't want to spread info that I do not know to be correct, but maybe someone with better info will comment and verify or debunk. That or maybe you can find more info on other threads here or elsewhere.

Contact John over at Woodcraft Bands. He builds blades from coil stock, plus he will help you choose the right blades. A very happy customer for years now.

I usually use the Olson blades from Menards. They look to be the same ones that Woodcraft sells, but less expensive. They have always worked well for me. Plus, it seems that I tend to hit nails or have one of my kids (or fellow woodworkers) jump the blade into the guard often enough to not want use anything more expensive.

I believe John is retired and works on his own schedule, which tugs at my own heartstrings as I operate the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lester View Post
    It depends on what you want to cut and how much you want to pay.

In this message I mentioned the blades I prefer for what I usually cut: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....44#post2942444

I think the specific blade I get is named Flex Back, made from carbon steel, inexpensive ao I usually buy 8 at a time. I have also used this blade on my 14" Delta with a riser, also for up to 12" cuts. Worked well.

I also use a 1/2" 3tpi carbide Lenox blade called the Trimaster, more expensive at about $160 for an 11'10" blade but a smoother cut and supposedly lasts 40 times longer. I haven't tried one of these on my 14" saw.

JKJ

I have a Grizzly 16” 30hp horizontal resaw that came factory with Lennox Tri-master bands. While they work very well, I’ve found that Laguna Resaw Kings - after they have been resharpened - provide an extraordinarily fine surface.

The Grizzly will maintain tolerances of 003 - .005 across the face of a sheet of veneer with the Resaw Kings. Additionally, there is less than .015 of kerf marks to be sanded out.

We have literally produced thousands of linear feet of veneer using these bands, and they are great.

There is a gentleman in North Carolina that makes quality blades at a fair price, check Woodcraft Bands.