Thread: Powermatic 66 miter gauges - where to buy?

Powermatic 66 miter gauges - where to buy?

I'm looking for some decent condition (used, NOS, or new aftermarket if they're not too pricey) miter gauges to incorporate into a dado specific sled. I will be using a pair of gauges as runners and screwing on a sacrificial fence onto them and using the table saw top (no bottom to the "sled") for added depth. Similar to how you'd use a single miter gauge when crosscutting, I just want to use a pair of them connected together with a sacrificial fence specifically for dado / tenon work. Looking for the best available option for buying a pair of them quickly and not spending $100 + each for a more cadillac miter gauge like an Incra or similar.

I currently have Rockler branded miter gauge of the 66 that i inherited with the saw, but it is too sloppy in the miter slots for my taste and not really adjustable enough to fit well.

Any thoughts?
    Still waters run deep.

Maybe some shop-built runners to fit your miter slots. Hardwood, delrin, or other readily available material.

Do a search here for "cross cut sleds". There have been a couple threads in the last year, that will yield several choices
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 07-31-2019 at 9:01 PM.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve made a few cross cut sleds that I have in use, so I’m familiar with the process.

I was looking to use a pair of miter gauges instead of runners because it seemed stouter and easier to re-adjust square as needed but maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree. I don’t want a bottom on this dado sled, just a fence / sacrificial fence.
    Still waters run deep.

If you don't want new aftermarket. try BOYD over at owwm.org for used gauges. Dave