Thread: Edge Guide for Milwaukee router 5625-29

Edge Guide for Milwaukee router 5625-29

Does anyone use an edge guide with a Milwaukee 3hp router? Oddly, the Milwaukee doesn't have one, but provides holes in the housing for guide rails. I've read that certain Porter Cable guides can fit the big Milwaukee but I really don't know. Any info much appreciated.

MicroFence probably makes an adapter as well if you wanna go super fancy.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have a Milwaukee 5625 and had the same question years ago. I found a 2009 article in Fine Woodworking https://www.finewoodworking.com/foru...ter-edge-guide where a user contacted a Milwaukee customer service rep and was told that the following three Porter Cable units will work:
    Porter Cable 42222
    Porter Cable 5043
    Porter Cable 42700

On mine while it does indeed have the two holes, I can see no provisions to lock guide rod shafts, so it is a little puzzling. Fortunately, since that unit is such a beast, I decided to dedicate it permanently to a router table lift and purchased a smaller 2 hp router for hand held use.

EDIT: Moderators, I may have inadvertently broken a rule here linking an article from Fine Woodworking as it looks like it was in their forum. Please delete my link if needed.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 07-31-2019 at 5:10 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    Fortunately, since that unit is such a beast, I decided to dedicate it permanently to a router table lift and purchased a smaller 2 hp router for hand held use.
    Yea thats what I was thinking of suggesting earlier. A 3HP+ router is IMO a bit unwieldy for handheld work and should be mounted to a table. Pick up a nice 2 1/4 HP and trim router for handheld work.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!