Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammer edge sander HS 950

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    As soon as you click through and select the US single-phase motor, the price jumps to $1,995.00. Miter fence/gauge is additional $242.

Still a good deal for that machine.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I'm almost positive any of the aftermarket mitre gauges like the Incra should fit the HS950. Maybe someone who already has one can chime in. I just had one delivered to a local customer but he hasn't had time to set it up yet and is in the at-risk demographic for Covid, so I won't be visiting any time soon.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

The incra will not fit, I had one laying around and tried it. The Felder version looks nice albeit expensive, waiting for the sale... Or may just make something, but time is better spent doing other things...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I'm almost positive any of the aftermarket mitre gauges like the Incra should fit the HS950. Maybe someone who already has one can chime in. I just had one delivered to a local customer but he hasn't had time to set it up yet and is in the at-risk demographic for Covid, so I won't be visiting any time soon.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    The incra will not fit, I had one laying around and tried it. The Felder version looks nice albeit expensive, waiting for the sale... Or may just make something, but time is better spent doing other things...
    Good to know. Thanks for chiming in.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Hi Erik, the Hammer machine would have a metric slot in the table, I presume the same size as the band saws which is 15mm.............Rod.

Any changes - will the hammer sander come to Canada?

Is there other Euro or NA machines around the price of the Hammer. THX.

They are available. $3500ca. 12-16 week lead time.. The price seems high considering its $2000usd. Can I get a better machine for $3.5k

These are wonderful well built machines. I recently bought an old Whitney edge sander that is over 8ft long in physical length. I can edge sand the long end of standard entryway doors no problem. I am having to tear it apart and rebuild it as it sat under a tarp outside for two years. New motor, spindles and bearings plus a whole lot of elbow grease and it is coming on along. Mine is significantly larger than this one and the motor is a 7.5HP. I would be all over the Hammer or Felder at that price. I will have about $3k in mine once done.