Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammer edge sander HS 950

Hammer edge sander HS 950

Anyone put their hands on one of these? First impressions? As much as I would love to get an Oakley, Whirlwind etc I just don’t have the space, I may not even want to give up the space for this.

At first look I was thinking It was a bit more that the others in the same category and it is (Jet, laguna, asia imports) but the motor is bigger and the build looks a bit more heavy

https://www.felder-group.com/us-us/p...rs-hs-950.html

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, I wanted one however we don't sell them in Canada so I would have been on the hook for electrical approval and modifications, if required.

They do look good........Rod.

That sure does look like it has nice features, Mark.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Learn something new every day, i had no idea there was a Hammer line of sanders. Agreed, a few of the features look great. I didnt login, what is the price?

Some of the high end end sanders are incredible. I could never justify spending so much on such a machine, but maybe ill stumble into a great deal one day.

It’s been out for 6-8 months, the list is 2k, There is a container of them arriving in October, not sure how many though. I do think they will raise the price in the next year.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    Learn something new every day, i had no idea there was a Hammer line of sanders. Agreed, a few of the features look great. I didnt login, what is the price?

Some of the high end end sanders are incredible. I could never justify spending so much on such a machine, but maybe ill stumble into a great deal one day.
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 07-30-2019 at 11:31 AM.

We had one in the booth at the AWFS show. Bearing in mind that edge sanders are not my specialty, It looked like a lot of machine for the price point and there was a fair amount of interest in it. Hope this helps,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

The Manual can be found with an online search, one thing I noted in the exploded view was the detail they put into the table lift mechanism, gears and gas struts, if you look closely the sheet metal parts like the plate for the idler it appears to be pretty heavy compared to say the Jet. The one thing that slightly baffles me is why didn't hey put a door in the front for storage (obviously to keep cost down)

One other comment, I don't real think this can be an apples to apples with the Asian imports. I wouldn't imagine it's Felders intent in competing in the same low cost machine so I would expect it would cost more.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post

I had seen it before and considered trying to hunt one down but its really just a better looking Jet (LINK), Laguna (LINK), Delta (LINK), Baileigh (LINK) or any of the other many companies that use that same chinese design.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

No, it’s totally a better build then any of the below You can see it when you compare them side by side, I didn’t even look at the cosmetic- but if thats your thing... Not sure if its worth the premium but I can almost bet money that it will be better than the below for a smallish oscillating edge sander in the under 2k range their aren’t many if any other options. Don’t get me wrong if i had the space I would drop 5k on a used Oakley or Oakley type build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    I had seen it before and considered trying to hunt one down but its really just a better looking Jet (LINK), Laguna (LINK), Delta (LINK), Baileigh (LINK) or any of the other many companies that use that same chinese design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    No, it’s totally a better build then any of the below You can see it when you compare them side by side, I didn’t even look at the cosmetic- but if thats your thing... Not sure if its worth the premium but I can almost bet money that it will be better than the below for a smallish oscillating edge sander in the under 2k range their aren’t many if any other options. Don’t get me wrong if i had the space I would drop 5k on a used Oakley or Oakley type build.
    How much do they want for it?

How much do they want for it?
    List is $1895

https://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US/Sanding/Machines/

regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Ouch. Yea that is a bit pricey. I ended up going with the Grizzly G0563 (LINK). Not really a big Grizzly fan, but after the issues I had in the forefront with that particular machine so far its been okay. Hasnt gotten a lot of use though to be honest.

Ouch. Yea that is a bit pricey. I ended up going with the Grizzly G0563 (LINK). Not really a big Grizzly fan, but after the issues I had in the forefront with that particular machine so far its been okay. Hasnt gotten a lot of use though to be honest.
    Wow, the Grizzly is $3,300 Canadian, I'd go with the Hammer.......Rod.

Grizzly or Felder... same price.... easy choice.

I bought an Ekstrom Carlson with 80" belt (the smaller one) a little over a year ago (solid old cast iron). There is an old adage that an edge sander is one of last tools you buy, and one of the last you let go of at the end. I can testify that it's true. The thing is hugely useful.
    Terry T.