Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craftsman 6 in 1 screwdriver discontinued?

Craftsman 6 in 1 screwdriver discontinued?

It looks like Craftsman has discontinued their 6 in 1 screwdriver? That's the best combination driver I've owned and was hoping to pick one up for the camper toolbox. I've owned several other brands including an awful one from Ace Hardware....nothing compares to the Craftsman IMO. I find it particularly handy for electrical work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Ever tried the Klein 10-in1's? They're my favorite.

What’s the difference between that Stanley and the cheapo harbor freight?

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-t...dle-61988.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lester View Post
    Ever tried the Klein 10-in1's? They're my favorite.
    +1. I’m not a fan of multi tip drivers but the only one I would buy with my own money is the Klein.

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/s...ivernut-driver

Wiha makes high quality multi tip screwdrivers in several configurations.

Blog Entries
    NOW you tell me...

Another vote for the Klein. I haven't tried the others, but these are on a peg in Home Depot, and I like Klein screwdriver tips as good as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Another vote for the Klein. I haven't tried the others, but these are on a peg in Home Depot, and I like Klein screwdriver tips as good as any.
    I have the Craftsman, Milwaukee, and others, some no-name cheapies from Northern Tool. However, my favorites are the Klein. Got the first one from my electrical supply house and bought five or six more since. I keep them in the shop, house, vehicles, and of course in my electrical kit. I use the square drive bits a lot when wiring outlets and panels and such. The nut driver sizes are a plus.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    It looks like Craftsman has discontinued their 6 in 1 screwdriver? That's the best combination driver I've owned and was hoping to pick one up for the camper toolbox. I've owned several other brands including an awful one from Ace Hardware....nothing compares to the Craftsman IMO. I find it particularly handy for electrical work.
    Hi Scott,
    There are several new Craftsman 6 in 1 screwdriver sets on Ebay right now. Here is one of them.
    David

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Craftsman-6...cAAOSwsJRdJ3aH

Craftsman 6 in 1 screwdriver.jpg

I also have a Klein 4 way screwdriver. I bought it many years ago as part of an electrician's set. It has been used to install a zillion wall outlets and switches and always works just like I want it to.

Hi Art,
    Thanks for your reply. I have some of the Klein tools and the are very nice! I still like the old Craftsman, but it's getting harder to find the NOS stuff.
    David

I have that Craftsman and it really is a decent driver. Mostly I use the Klein’s now and did all my years working. Klein makes a 5 in 1 and a 10 in 1. The 5 is awesome for most tasks as it holds the double sided bits in tight but is limited to just flat and Phillips. The 10 has more tips but since they are the short insert tips they fall out much easier and tend to get lost at inopportune times. My best made driver is an old Snap-On that has the ratcheting stem for fast driving. Mine is at least 40 years old and still looks new.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kuhlman View Post
    The 10 has more tips but since they are the short insert tips they fall out much easier and tend to get lost at inopportune times. ...
    Yikes, I've not once had a tip fall out. Could the spring-loaded detent balls be gunked up? Maybe drop of oil?

JKJ

Here's a Wera compact combo driver that I have found very handy. The spring loaded Rapidaptor driver shank can be extended with a push of the retaining collar or removed completely for use in a drill/driver. Six bits can be stored in the handle.

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 07-29-2019 at 9:16 AM.
    Dick Mahany.

Lowes is selling a Craftsman 6-in-1 with a different handle design:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-6...ver/1000596633