Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman 6 in 1 screwdriver discontinued?

I bought a Klein when Lee Valley stopped carrying my absolute favorite:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...11,43417,53912

The description doesn't mention that each end of the shaft is a different size nut driver. The ball detents on the bits work extremely well.

They haven't sold it in a while, but it is still listed on their site for some reason. Maybe if we bug them enough, they'll bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    Here's a Wera compact combo driver that I have found very handy. The spring loaded Rapidaptor driver shank can be extended with a push of the retaining collar or removed completely for use in a drill/driver. Six bits can be stored in the handle.

Attachment 413368

Attachment 413369

Attachment 413370
    Ive got a couple of these and love them!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

On the Klein 10 in 1 I would lose bits when they would friction fit into a screw and then pull out of the screwdriver when pulling it back. This would frequently then cause the bit to come lose from the screw and the bit then disappears. I was working offshore on oil platforms and it was anywhere from 90 to 200 feet down to the water so no way to get the bit back! Happened often enough that many of us quit using the 10 in 1s.

I have several but my favorite is the Wright flip tip screwdriver

The Lee Valley and the Klein have Robertson tips included, the others don't, so for me they're off the list.

The klein one is good, not as good as a real Klein screwdriver however.............Rod.