Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
If our alarm, um...alarms...or has a fault, our monitoring company launches a call to us within about 30 seconds to ascertain if the issue is real. If we don't answer or don't provide the proper code word or confirm that it's a real issue, or if one of the dedicated panic buttons are pushed, our local first responders are here within about 2 minutes tops.
That is how it was with ADT but by the time everyone was called and it was confirmed that it wasn't a false alarm it was 20 minutes. and it was a false alarm anyhow but when the police did show up they held us from doing anymore work. I did have an alarm go off down in KY at one of the stores I was working at and used as a base that was in the same parking lot as my motel and it took a long time for a response. When they did show up the pharmacist got there and opened up the door and the police told her to go in and check. I stopped her and said tell them to go in first and make sure no one was inside. I said if you are first and they start shooting you are right in the middle. She thanked me for that info.