Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Push Chisels and a Marking knife

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Allen1010 View Post
    Great/horrible thread- let's review the facts:

Do I have more chisels than any one person could reasonably need- Yes.

Is a pairing chisel that needs to be exceptional sharp for cutting a shoulder on lay out lines for precision sawing and cleaning out dados groves etc., one of the most used chisels in my shop- again Yes.

Would it be great to have a premium tools for a frequent, critical task - of course yes- best rational for indulging in tool lust ever (eg. "I need the tools because I'll use it a lot for important stuff")..

Is there a charmic benefit in buying a tools that supports true masters of a disappearing craft- duuuh- of course Yes.

Finally, will I be e-mailing Stan for the perfect pairing chisel of my dreams--- ....... inevitably Yes.

I'm helpless in the face of rational temptation, --- that and Mexican food. Ken I blame you - YeaH that's right I SAID IT - Hatch you are at fault here! I demand recompense in the form of Mexican food and Tequila next time you're road tripping through San Diego. OK maybe that was a little harsh---.... how about I spring for chow/booze at the dive, hole in the wall taqueria of my choice? There- I feel better now - off to the SC Blog!

Cheers, Mike
    Mike,

LMAO, Sorry to do it to you man but you did a great job of rationalization . I expect MsBubba and I will make a trip to San Diego come late November early December. If it works out that we do, I'll buy the beer, you pick the taqueria.

ken

This arrived on my front porch today. Looking forward to paring up a few board feet this weekend.

4BD48C66-0D7D-4D5F-A42A-3DB4193D8BEE.jpg

Wow Phil! So you ordered these like four days ago? It's getting really hard to resist sending Stan an email!

Amazing indeed. Stan mailed them on Monday, arrived Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Taran View Post
    Matt, you need to spend $6 to be a contributor to see images and do anything worthwhile on the site
    Thanks, Pete. I guess it's been a loooooong while since I've been on Sawmill Creek.