Thread: handheld electric sprayer

Blog Entries

handheld electric sprayer

I just found out about handheld electric sprayers... do these work well?

I just came across the Titan FlexSpray handheld.

Thoughts? Would be really cool if I didn't need to invest in the air compressor, etc side of things...

cheers,

When looking at any of these, check out youtube videos of people actually using them, and read the comments below the videos. I have a Graco cordless version of that, and it does a good good, but is a real pain to clean. It rarely gets used. I modified it so my Makita batteries fit it, because the Graco battery gets left uncharged for too long, and they don't last like that. We just have too many things to maintain something that gets used so rarely.

I have a Graco TC Pro cordless. Uses the DeWalt batteries by default and clean up is, I think, much better than the older versions. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Graco-TC...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Jack

Those look like some good design changes. Mine is the very first version. It's not worth replacing, since it's paid for, and gets used once every few years. It had some dedicated battery. Using a battery that's used for other things is a big improvement. I only had to make a slight change with a Dremel tool to the plastic guides on the sprayer to work with my Makita batteries. I think a replacement Graco battery was close to a hundred bucks. Mine requires complete disassembly in a sink with running water for cleaning, and there are no choices for tips but the one that came in it.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 08-03-2019 at 11:01 AM.

If you want to spray thick paint those sprayers will do a good job. If you want to spray low viscosity finishes like shellac or clearcoats, you would be far better off with a HVLP spray gun, either compressor or turbine driven. Many of those will spray high viscosity materials, too, just not at as high a rate as the airless sprayers. For furniture and cabinets a HVLP gun is a better match, IMO.

John

Good point. The only thing I use the cordless sprayer for is house paint-exterior, or interior, and then only for small jobs not worth bringing out the airless rig for.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice!

The immediate need would be an outdoor metal railing. I won't be making enough to justify a full on compressor setup. I also do enough metal stuff that this would be a good introduction into painting for me.