Thread: Here's a Fire engine

Blog Entries

Here's a Fire engine

As the title says here's a fire engine. I finished it with spray lacquer which came out fine.
    IMG_20190725_180907.jpgIMG_20190725_180843.jpg
    Dennis

Beautiful and more sleek than the new real stuff. What's the globe on the front for?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Beautiful and more sleek than the new real stuff. What's the globe on the front for?
    According to the instructions that came with the plan its a "steam dome" , which is a vessel atop the boiler of a steam engine. In the plan there were several hose couplers attached to it. I don't have a lathe so I wasn't able to make them. I guess it's time to get a lathe. Now that I think about it I probably could have bought some copper tubing couplers and used them, wish I would have thought of that.
    Dennis

I'd be pretty dang happy to get a gift like that from my grandpa. You wanna adopt me?
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I am with Fred. We will be over in about two hours to play with the fire truck. Could grandma make some fresh cookies?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Winners View Post
    I am with Fred. We will be over in about two hours to play with the fire truck. Could grandma make some fresh cookies?
    I'll come too, does Grandma make chocolate chip cookies? The lacquer tirned out really nice.

Well done Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That is off the charts nice!

ron