Thread: Whether to buy the Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II? The Hand wheel?

Whether to buy the Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II? The Hand wheel?

Does anyone have any experience with the hand wheel on the Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II?

I like the idea of the hand wheel, but in practice, is it really better or as good as the other top-of-the-line, over-the-table lifts (e.g., Woodpecker or Incra)?

Also does anyone know if Incra's magnalock router plates work a Jessem router table?

What about Incra's Clean Sweep with the Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel 2? Do they work together or can the Clean Sweep be modified to work with the Jessem router lift?

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    I have the Jessem Lift II (not sure what handwheel means here. Mine uses the allen key to raise and lower) and I was not thrilled that it uses a regular thread instead of an ACME thread or similar.

Might be a common problem with all these lifts, as I thought Jessem was in the "high quality" category. Maybe actual "high quality" is reserved for the shapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper Anderson View Post

Also does anyone know if Incra's magnalock router plates work a Jessem router table?

What about Incra's Clean Sweep with the Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel 2? Do they work together or can the Clean Sweep be modified to work with the Jessem router lift?

Thank you!
    I bought a Jessem Master Lift II. I wanted the Incra Magnalock and also the clean sweep capability. I swapped out the Jessum top plate for the Incra, not issues with the swap, the only real difference between the two plates besides the Magnalock was that the Jessum had some nice reference lines etched into the top plate which the Incra did not.

As regards the side hand wheel, on the Excel version, it may interfere with the Cleansweep mounting with that axle for the height adjustment coming out the side.

Like others have said, mine adjusts the height with an Allen key through the top plate. very easy to use.

That side wheel appears to be about a $400 option.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I think the Incra Master Lift (which I think is really a Jessem lift) with the hex key crank is the best. It is extremely precise and allow very minute adjustments up or down. It takes more to get the router above the table but, to me, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    I have the Jessem Lift II (not sure what handwheel means here. Mine uses the allen key to raise and lower) and I was not thrilled that it uses a regular thread instead of an ACME thread or similar.
    Mine seized up and destroyed the screw. And buggered the nut a bit. I had plans to rebuild it, and my spare, with an ACME screw, *AND*, convert them to decimal while I was at it. Found some 3/8-16 stainless rod laying around and just took the easy way out.