Thread: Slider table saw Tip O' the Day

Slider table saw Tip O' the Day

I had a couple small cut off strips get past the blade insert on my Grizzly 623 slider and get stuck in the hose under the blade today. Seems like that is not uncommon to slider owners, and I got out my little grabber to get them, but they just went deeper.

So, I found a 3' strip of wood 1/2" wide, and 1/16" thick in the pile. Just strong enough to not break, and flexible enough to bend while fishing. Wrapped some masking tape sticky side out around the end, and presto, it stuck long enough to get the strips out without even removing the blade.

Dirt cheap and reusable.

PS: Yeah, a zero clearance insert would be nice. Someday.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Nice

Another option (besides the ZCI) is to build one of these: https://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-U...g-Magnets.html

Thanks Dan. I know what I am making tonite.

Good idea Dan.

I know I will make one of those much sooner than I do a zero clearance insert. I had a Felder for 12 years and never got around to it.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I went to my shop last night and built a deflector,just have to get more rare earth magnets at Lee valley. I am also going to try your idea Rick,it is a pain to clean those skinny edge pieces out of my saw dust chute on my Felder slider. Thanks for the ideas Rick and Dan.

Deflector in use.jpgVisio-Tablesaw deflector wedge drawing.pdf

Here's mine, and a drawing I give out during sliding saw seminars...........Rod.