Thread: Best 6" RO sander - < $200 ?

Best 6" RO sander - < $200 ?

Please recommend 6" medium firm pad RO hook loop sander...under like $200 hopefully.

120v or air, one hand, Bang for buck.

Will be used for sanding pine, so I ? think ? I want the larger orbit option... faster removal ?

For my specific need production stock removal speed more important than finish quality.

Searching Archives but also asking here.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Bosch ROS65vc or 1250devs in your price range.

Will look... I currently use the below link one.

Marc

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-ROS10-R...ateway&sr=8-29
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

I've been using a Bosch ROS65VC for 3 or 4 years now and recommend it w/o hesitation. It's light years better than what you currently are using.

John

Blog Entries
    The ROS65VC is in a completely different league than the one your now using. You would not be disappointed. But for what you need, the 1250DEVS may be even better. I've not used one, but I understand that it will remove material even faster & is less of a finish sander than the ROS65VC.

Oh, and the ROS65VC is so smooth that you can sand all day & not have issues with vibration.

Blog Entries
    This is probably a festool situation waiting to happen... I’d say the bosch, but then again.... what do I know. Based on your description, stock removal above finish quality, probably pneumatic is the way to go.

The 1250DEVS is similar to the Festool Rotex in allowing you to use either rotary (more aggressive stock removal) or orbital (finer finish) modes, but at a much lower price point. It's a bit on the heavy side, but is an excellent all-around sander with good dust collection.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

After re-reading the OP's needs I agree that the 1250DEVS is the better choice for fast stock removal. My friend has one and it's amazing how fast that thing can cut through wood. The ROS65VC is no slouch with coarse paper, but it's no match to the 1250DVES when that thing is set in rotary mode.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Zac wingert View Post
    This is probably a festool situation waiting to happen... I’d say the bosch, but then again.... what do I know. Based on your description, stock removal above finish quality, probably pneumatic is the way to go.
    Marc - Sorry to do this to you, but I have to give a shout out for the Festool also. More than your budget, but it's a life changer. Between the excellent balance, zero vibration and 99% dust extraction it's head and shoulders above the other sanders I've used over the years. This includes both electric (multiple brands) and air (Dynabrade).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hockenberg View Post
    Marc - Sorry to do this to you, but I have to give a shout out for the Festool also. More than your budget, but it's a life changer. Between the excellent balance, zero vibration and 99% dust extraction it's head and shoulders above the other sanders I've used over the years. This includes both electric (multiple brands) and air (Dynabrade).
    I'll have to agree. It's quite amazing how fast it removes wood with a coarse coarse disk in. You did say finish is not a concern. With finer grits wasting wood will take more time. If time is money, this Festool is money in the bank. I think 99% dust is wrong, it's better than that..... Just my $0.02.