Hey guys, I bought a used Ridgid R4512 table saw that's equipped with the four-caster mobile base. I dismounted and disassembled the mobile base to clean off some rust, and after I reassembled the base, the casters will not remain locked down in the rolling position. The slightest bump causes the saw base to retract unless I keep my foot on the pedal that lifts the saw into the rolling position. This is very awkward and inconvenient. I believe I've reassembled the base correctly, but I don't have the manual for the four-caster version of the R4512 saw (the original owner lost the hard-copy manual). The manuals for the R4512 I've so far found online are all for the later three-caster base. I don't know, maybe the issue I’m having with this saw is the reason the current R4512 saws have the three-caster base?

A search brought up one post on another forum from an R4512 owner experiencing the same issue, but the response he received was vague, advising him that some unknown and unnamed part might need to be rotated 180 degrees. I can only guess what this part might be, I tried reversing the shaft that joins the aft pair of casters end-to-end, but that didn’t improve things.

Anyway if anyone owns the four-caster version of the saw, I'd like to hear any guidance you can offer. Also, if anyone knows where I can download the owner's manual for the four-caster base assembly, please let me know. Thanks in advance...