Thanks all. I appreciate the advice. But in truth, I don't think I'll ever have cause to use it again beyond this project and I got the other 5 panels done with handplanes, it just takes me 5-6 hours each panel. I was trying to go fast as I'm very behind schedule.

I don't enjoy ripping long boards by hand much so I have a table saw. I use a compound miter saw a good bit as well. I have a jigsaw because my bandsaw broke and I rarely used it anyway. And for work outside of my shop it is flexible. I use a router table for mouldings, and my trim router for easing/rounding over edges on table tops. I use my track saw for cutting up plywood sheets (I had a nice cross cut sled for the table saw I built, but it takes up too much precious shop space, and the Festool track saw system takes up almost nothing (in floor square footage). Anyway, lots there, but basically it means I'm no proper neadertal, but chisels and handplanes are what brought me into the hobby and I realize that I would really just never "want" to use the power handheld planer again, so... just too much money.

I returned it and just ordered a Lie-Neilson #5 to replace my (non vintage, but 15 year old) Stanley one which the front knob screw just broke on me. (No idea how I"ll get that broken screw out...) Now, that I'm excited for to show up. Though, it won't arrive in time to finish this project.