I'm looking for, best I've concluded after searching the internet, is a chuck reversing adapter. I have a couple of ideas I would like to try. Mainly I want to be able to put a face plate on my tailstock. I don't think i'll be putting too much rotational force on it but I would like it to be secure so if I do it's going to hold. I've found several that seam like they would work. Grizzly sells one that's two pieces. It looks like a standard MT#2 to threads used to hold a drill chuck and then an adapter to go to the 1 1/4"x8 I want.
51Y7s-55d3L._SL1000_.jpg
The second is one made by Nova. It's one piece but the tapered part looks to be much shorter than other MT#2 adapters I've seen. I'm a little worried that it could spin inside the tailstock if too much force is put on it.
51e6hf2FWrL._SL1076_.jpg
The third one I found is sold by Best Wood tools. It's one piece and they say it's accurate to +/- .001". It also is threaded on the opposite side so you can use 3/8" threaded rod to seat it into the taper.

I've listed them from cheapest to most expensive. The Best Wood Tools option is more than twice what the Grizzly version costs ($30 vs $70). Has anyone used one of these? If I bought the cheap one would I wish I had spent the extra money and got the best one?