Thread: Festool Sander on Rigid Vacuum

Festool Sander on Rigid Vacuum

Hello, I have a Festool Sander & a Festool Vacuum. At another location there is a Rigid Vacuum. My Festool hose fits the Rigid Vac, but I would like to get a hose that I could leave there. Woodcraft currently has a hose on sale in their July flyer. Any idea if this would fit the bill. Also looking for a low cost option.
    Thanks in advance, Kevin
    Last edited by kevin nee; 07-19-2019 at 2:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Here's what I use for my Festool sander and Ridgid vac. About a third the cost of the Festool hose and works great..I've had the hose 5 years with moderate usage.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Here's what I use for my Festool sander and Ridgid vac. About a third the cost of the Festool hose and works great..I've had the hose 5 years with moderate usage.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    i concur, this is the best “festool like” hose. It will connect to your festool sander exactly like the festool hose.

Thanks, I just ordered it.

I have also been using the Bosch 35mm hose for some years now on a Festool CT26e. Mine is the blue antistatic version.

More recently I purchased a Mirka 27mm as I needed a light antistatic hose for a Mirka Ceros ROS. This is about half the cost of the Festool as well as about half the weight. It is a delight to use. They also sell an even smaller, lighter version (20mm) for the hand sander. Wonderful stuff! And cheap. (well, everything is cheap after purchasing Festool!).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Fein hoses will work also, but don't know how they compare to the Bosch hose. Also, Rockler sells a set of adapters that will likely make any hose fit the Festool tools. I think the Rockler adapter set is about $30 (sometimes less on sale). It has other adapters that might work for other hose/tool connections in your shop.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Randy Heinemann View Post
    Fein hoses will work also, but don't know how they compare to the Bosch hose. Also, Rockler sells a set of adapters that will likely make any hose fit the Festool tools. I think the Rockler adapter set is about $30 (sometimes less on sale). It has other adapters that might work for other hose/tool connections in your shop.
    I have the Rockler universal hose kit. It will fit just about anything, but the hose is very heavy. If you set your sander on the edge of the table, the weight of the hose will probably pull your sander onto the floor. They need a lighter hose, even if it means its doesn't contract as much in size as the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles MacNaughton View Post
    I have the Rockler universal hose kit. It will fit just about anything, but the hose is very heavy. If you set your sander on the edge of the table, the weight of the hose will probably pull your sander onto the floor. They need a lighter hose, even if it means its doesn't contract as much in size as the current one.
    I tried that Rockler universal hose kit - didn't like it. I don't like that it contracts when you turn on the vacuum. It pulls your tool and, as you mentioned, becomes a heavy lump. I use it now on my miter saw.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.