I've been using a Qualspray AM-6008 spray gun from Homestead Finishing as my primary gun for the past 3 or 4 years. I've sprayed well over 50 gals of mostly WB products through it. About a year ago I noticed an air leak at the front packing nut, so I replaced the Viton packing and all was well again. Then I got a leak at the trigger, changed one of those packings and it was OK again. A few weeks ago both were leaking again, so I ordered a rebuild kit from Homestead Finishing. I ended up replacing essentially every packing and O-ring associated with the needle and still had leaks. Some were so bad I could hear and feel them, but the one at the needle adjustment knob was evident only when I put the gun in a bucket of water.

Along the way I contacted Jeff Jewitt via E-mail. After replacing all the seals and still having leaks Jeff said to send him the gun, which I did. A few days later I got an Email from Jeff saying he had transferred the N/N and air cap from my gun into a new gun body and shipped it back to me. He asked for no money. As generous as that was it didn't seem right since I had used the gun for at least 3 years. So I contacted Jeff again and after another exchange of Emails we agreed on $100. While it's disappointing the original gun body couldn't be salvaged with a rebuild kit, I was impressed by Jeff standing behind his product well after any warranty had expired.

John

PS: I checked the "new" gun for leaks. Zero.