Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hardware for drop-down tray under kitchen cabinet?

  1. #1

    Hardware for drop-down tray under kitchen cabinet?

    I need to add an angled drop-down tray to one of our kitchen cabinets. I've seen these things many times, but now that I need to find hardware, I can't find a source. The general idea is shown in the attached photo. They are also sometimes used for spice jars.

    Depending on price, I might buy purpose-built hardware, though I was also thinking of fabricating something. My thought was to make a perimeter frame to which the hardware would attach, then just screw the frame to the underside of the cabinet to install, rather than trying to mount hardware on the underside of an already-hung cabinet. Butt hinges and ball catches in the front would handle the hinging and keeping it up when closed, but I'd need something to keep the tray from dropping down too far. There are lid stays for chests/boxes that perform this function, but most of those protrude too far to work for a shallow tray.

    Suggestions or links to purpose-built hardware would be appreciated.



    Last edited by Dave Mount; 07-17-2019 at 5:20 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Dave - Take a look at Kessebohmer on A little pricey, but pretty cool.

    My other thoughts are something made by Rev-A-Shelf or something from Hafele.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    Here's a complete rack -- Further down the page, they'll sell you just the hardware.

  4. #4
    Thanks both of you for the pointers!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Shop around on the KV hardware. Prices vary quite a bit.
    I am familiar with modern idioms but they are outside the vocabulary of what I want to say.

    - George Dyson (composer)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts