Thread: Cw-5000 chiller s&a, cw-5000 d&a

Cw-5000 chiller s&a, cw-5000 d&a

I have been looking at chillers for about 1 1/2 months. Specifically, model CW-5000DG is for CO2 Laser 80w-100w made by S&A

Observation #1
    The price for this model a month ago was $500 + free shipping. I noticed the price increased to $550 +free shipping, so I thought I'd better act and buy now. Order placed on Ebay, then seller cancelled the order stating "cannot honor price due to president 25% tariff". I guess the high tariffs are finally hitting us! It looks like the new price is around $619 + free shipping, or more (from several suppliers).
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-S-A-CW-5000DG-Industrial-Water-Chiller-110V-60Hz-for-ONE-80W-100W-Laser-Tube/153569525672?hash=item23c174ffa8:g:WEQAAOSw5oVdLpL K

Observation#2
    It appears that there is a "knock-off" CW5000 supplier now on Ebay, made by D&A. The price is about $470 + free shipping.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Industrial-Water-Chiller-cool-single-80W-100W-CO2-Laser-Tube-CW-5000DG-110V-60HZ/322930465394?epid=894291343&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&has h=item4b3027da72:g:0oIAAOSwttVaK03D&enc=AQADAAAB4K X%2FKt4E1xf3SDqEdBclaYa8HigSQGOOwjiS305SQoSFyOgzSp xZEhh%2Fpz6I65v%2BbY%2F0lTQWzmd0WpqsM133b1P92%2BwZ wHS3Anugc%2F1pwwJCmGpN5BKpPJwUDqO%2Fnw7y3RcBxgOelI Zf5RWxL7H8RnHNkaRW7mBQnpj2ipnv9Suhg81NI3j%2F7WZGJr %2FQBn2bmvmnnQOppzRozZoezPbZeqpJ6G2aBkQcTM42Ri0MBP dAKerG20kSgorE0gNTfcxvRgR38P6SLjVbi546oVQZ6EfPNMMd sAstpKoXzL6nY8IFnGbL1QCnV1JZJfZpyMdw9wN5bWyqpYA8nT itJFJfYTh%2BDNgxhkQK5h8vacp8iDbYIuXAA2z%2BL7TZ%2BW oOvZj8e99zhq2RdQx5MhLLmCjTPGWf5T14xP48P4CLivc%2FRw E%2BY%2Bh1t25A%2Bj2gF6sufezuXBML8hRdfbAtfBy53ABiHj T%2FOkAU69NNi3OLw73RfYOsw6kZ3iEyKwG4MyyPz%2BNjLD3m 53FsIJvzCL%2FoaDgRy0te4OXlkp%2B9x7wrSvqhDLI5ItNlFe U9Mr1Bc3IAw3Wg%2Fe7CyT61fTmLdU5uW0Ae2Vd01CC0NiDd6I nE207lEmlPFK%2BqbUB82xA5IybtiV2URQ%3D%3D&checksum= 3229304653943d54f65a7ce346d3af19f709fcdae08e

I kept searching Ebay and found a supplier that had stock in the U.S. and they didn't raise the price just yet https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-S-A...72.m2749.l2649 ($549.50 + free shipping)

I bought the "genuine" S&A made CW-5000 Chiller since they had a website and looks to have made these units for past 16 or so years. I also bought a China laser on Ebay about 1 1/2 months ago. Paid $1,748 delivered for 80w (pretty large table). The current price is now $2250 delivered.

SO, anyone thinking about any major purchases on items Made in China, you might catch a price break IF you can find U.S. inventory that has not been marked up yet. A final comment- I don't see how this new, high tariff U.S. policy is going to help the U.S., other than collecting a ton more revenue! No one in the U.S. can compete with well made China products, no matter what the tariff policy is. Just my 2 cents.

And yes, I will update my profile once I know who made my laser, etc.

GREAT FORUM! Thanks to all that contribute so much!!!!!
    Last edited by Dennis Klaus; 07-17-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Why not look at this one from lightobject

https://www.lightobject.com/Lightobj...60Hz-P999.aspx

Paid $1,748 delivered for 80w (pretty large table). The current price is now $2250 delivered.

I can bet money you did not get a true 80 watt tube or power supply. Just about bet money if your 80 watt tube is ran at the rated mA your tube will soon need replaced.

What is the measured length of your tube? There are charts available online that will give you the true ratings. Same thing for those 60 watt tubes, that are either 30 or 40 watt truel rating!

A "real" 80 watt tube > https://www.lightobject.com/SPT-C90-...Tube-P968.aspx
    Last edited by Bill George; 07-17-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Buying a real S&A is often worth it. They have tech support that will actually honor the warranty and who will answer queries for assistance. If you want to search, I have posted a thread elsewhere here with links showing the shortcuts implemented in knockoffs like D&N, S&N, D&A, etc.

80 watt tubes don't seem to be "faked" at the rate that claimed 50 watt Ebay lasers are really 40 and 60 watt ebay laser tubes are really 50.
    Last edited by Doug Fisher; 07-17-2019 at 1:45 PM.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Buying a real S&A is often worth it. They have tech support that will actually honor the warranty and who will answer queries for assistance. If you want to search, I have posted a thread elsewhere here with links showing the shortcuts implemented in knockoffs like D&N, S&N, D&A, etc.

80 watt tubes don't seem to be "faked" at the rate that claimed 50 watt Ebay lasers are really 40 and 60 watt ebay laser tubes are really 50.
    I have an S&A 5200, and it works. What else to say?

As to faked tubes, my guess is 'those' sellers are stating tested wattages rather than 'within limits' wattages. Glass tubes are usually tested well above acceptable 'normal use' mA ratings. RECI tests there tubes well above 30mA, the 80w tube in my Triumph has a test label showing 110 watts. Because the label says that, I guess it's legal to advertise it as such. Just not very ethical since it hits its 80 rating at a reasonable 25mA, while running it at 110watts will give you about a 5 hour life span...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Dennis the Chinese are very good at making Fake or Counterfeit anything. Thats one thing this trade war with China is all about. They can make something and mark it anyway they want. You just need to look at legit machines and tubes to see the difference.

Here is another tube from folks I have purchased from in the past, more or less the same price.

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...aser-engraver/

Dennis and thank you for being a Contributor, it helps keep this Forum going. Lots of folks come on for the Free help and then they are gone... until they need help again.

Another thing, just use the machine and learn. When the tube goes bad like mine did, just buy a better one
    Last edited by Bill George; 07-17-2019 at 4:02 PM.

Bill,
    Thank you for your thoughts. I have wanted a laser for a long time, and bought what I could afford right now. It looks like a pretty long learning curve, so I wanted to get started now vs. waiting for a "better" machine. I hear good things about EFR laser tubes and better things about RECI laser tubes. I do plan on getting a RECI if that day ever arrives.

I wasn't trying to promote any Ebay purchases, or specifically lasers. I know I can expect zero support from the seller, and that's OK. And I didn't have the guts to just go ahead and buy a laser off Ebay sight unseen. I have a good friend that owns a business and uses a Epi to mark aluminum parts. He bought a 100w model first; I went by to see it, and wait for their feedback. Once it checked out as something we can work with, I bought mine (80w) from the same seller so I would (I hoped) that I would have a similar construction. And I do.

The main point I was trying to share was that ANY China supplier is faced with higher inventory replacement costs due to the new tariffs. And if anyone was looking to make a major purchase, they might want to look to see if they can get items that are in-stock, and maybe get a better deal since you may find products that have not been "price adjusted" for the higher tariffs.

When I was looking for chillers, I tried to figure out which ones were "real" and which ones were fakes (copies). I couldn't find anything on D&A Brand, but found S&A website. I know you can fake anything.... if you want to spend the time. I had to assume that S&A was the real deal.

I put a high value on forums where their contributors are knowledgeable and willing to put the time in to share their experience, so I contributed (and will again when the time comes). This is a GREAT forum and I don't want to waste folks time posting worthless info.

Dennis your on track, wish you luck. I am trying to get out of the laser business for the second time. My first advice to you is put up some sort of website where you can display your work. Wordpress is a good place to start looking for ideas. You machine will be just fine, IF you don't try to run it as a 80 watt.

From what I read on online the Chinese factories are just about ready to shut down. Companies are moving out and to places like Vietnam, it fact it was said someone Vietnam can not handle any more.

Too bad they don't move back here to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Dennis your on track, wish you luck. I am trying to get out of the laser business for the second time. My first advice to you is put up some sort of website where you can display your work. Wordpress is a good place to start looking for ideas. You machine will be just fine, IF you don't try to run it as a 80 watt.

From what I read on online the Chinese factories are just about ready to shut down. Companies are moving out and to places like Vietnam, it fact it was said someone Vietnam can not handle any more.

Too bad they don't move back here to the USA.
    So while this may not work for everyone. It works for me. I don't have a official chiller. I run my laser around 4 hours a day. Off and on. I have an old mini fridge that I use. I got mine free, but you can get them for under $100 and maybe a used on somewhere else. Oh yes and mine is not a reall high wattage. I have 60watt.

I drill 2 holes on the side for hoses, but a bucket of water inside. And that is about it. Been doing that for years. Mainly in the summer. And it works fine. If you want a temperature reader, they are only a dollars. I know it's now the fanciest, but it works for me.

If you are on a budget this might be a solution for you.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt