Thread: Every project has that one special tool...

Every project has that one special tool...

And our latest house rehab had this little gem:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-K...ure/1000600087

Yep - a silly little 8 foot tape measure.
    It was an impulse buy. My wife hates it when I buy something like that - so - since we had just had a disagreement about something I figured - why not?
    I'm so glad I did give in and put it in the cart!

I have a dozen or so Harbor Freight 25 foot freebies - - but - I never, ever,ever have one when I need one.

This little rascal slips in my front pocket & is small enough to carry all the time. I was pure heaven having a tape measure at my back and call for the project house.

After doing 6 of these, I find there's always one tol that I pick up that just surprises me with it's usefullness.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Rich ,HF has a 10 foot yellow tape that costs a dollar and has markings that exactly match a two foot Starrette blade- rule.
    Its flat and flexible.

I'm normally "that special tool" on any project I'm involved in

Man you're a cheap date...

seems my "necessary" project specific tools start out in the 100's.....

For me the principle challenge is maintaining my self respect as I explain to my wife why I absolutely need this new — and coincidentally very cool — tool to do the home renovation she would like to see. I still don’t know why she shakes her head and smiles during those conversations.
    Life is too short for dull sandpaper.