Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltic Birch - sourcing and preferred dimensions

After having used 4x8 sheets, I just got delivery of a few 5x5 sheets. Only to realize that my panel saw can only go up to a little more than 48". Whoops!!!

4x8 it is from now on.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Hi neighbor. I’m in Lawrence. Call liberty hardwoods. Not sure what kind of minimum they have for non commercial orders. I will all but guarantee they have better prices than who ever you may be using. Especially if you’re using Schutte. I have nothing against Schutte but they’re retail prices are high in my opinion. If you call liberty Ask for Kevin and tell him Neil with Natural Breeze referred you. If he’s not the right guy he can point you to the right person.

As for sheet size. I almost exclusively use 4x8 unless I have the need for the extra width.

Menards baltic birch doesn’t isn’t the same quality in my experience.

In my area I have easy access to both sizes and pretty much never buy the 4x8 sheets. I have found that I rarely need longer than 60" and would rather save the cut offs for other stuff and just work with 5x5s.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!