Thread: Find any tool related Amazon Prime Day Deals?

Find any tool related Amazon Prime Day Deals?

So far I’ve bought a bike rack, a projector, and an Amazon Echo, all things we’ve been waiting to buy for a while. Saved about $160 buying them on PD.

But I haven’t seen any mention of woodworking related deals. Anyone find anything?

Slim pickings this year. It’s pretty much the same as Black Friday, and even the electronics on sale are the same. Clearing 2018 inventory it looks like. I’ve seen some impact drivers and I think a few saw blades (Irwin I think), but nothing of particular note.

3. They have a pin nailer on sale for 150. Seems like a deal except that I bought the same tool from another vendor for 135 last week. Some of the dewalt power tools looked like they might be good deals, but I didn't want any of them so I didn't compare prices.

I did not find much at all. My wife found a vacuum cleaner for me to use.

I leveraged some Amazon Points and a prime deal—Bosch 1250DEVS Orbital Sander. It had been running about $280 and then dropped to $250 online. Then Amazon took $50 off which dropped it to $200.... I added some Amazon points from their credit card I have been hoarding for awhile and picked up the sander for $21.05. A pretty good deal! I make cutting boards and have been using a belt sander with zero dust collection to flatten them. I am hoping this beast will make the flattening process a bit easier.

I didn't look for any tools, but our older daughter asked for a new iPad for her upcoming 24th birthday and there was a smokin' deal for Amazon Prime Day(s) from Apple. Click! Her old iPad 2 can no longer run the latest applications for Hulu, Netflix, etc, and since those things help keep her mind quiet, I was happy to jump on the deal.

For brand-name tools, there's not a huge amount of wiggle room on pricing so I wouldn't expect any incredible prices. The best deals are on Amazon-produced products including their Amazon Basics line...many of which are very good products.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Be sure to check into the prices on any deals you're interested in. Apparently Amazon raised the prices on a lot of items a week ago, so now the discounts look steeper than they actually are. There is a website out there that tracks prices on Amazon and will show you pricing timeline.

Well, this is _kind_ of tool-related. A lot of other retailers are trying to maintain your attention span during Prime Days, so are offering some potentially impressive deals. Yesterday morning (first day of Prime) I got an email from ToolNut boasting of a Milwaukee M18 Quik-Lok trimmer (at a low price) with a _free_ pole saw attachment. Of course I accepted the bait (I have a huge yard and garden, and many trees.) A power edger attachment is also on its way. Happy days.

I don't otherwise have any Milwaukee M18 tools. That may change.

Deals from the other mainstream retailers abound.

I gave up after about thirty minutes. They didn't make it easy to browse if you didn't have anything specific in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I gave up after about thirty minutes. They didn't make it easy to browse if you didn't have anything specific in mind.
    Ditto. I look every year but never see anything that jumps out at me.
    I did see some Sony NC wireless headphones (WH-CH700N) at a good price that I’m thinking about.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Glad I’m not the only one not seeing tool related deals.

Add a cheap laptop to my list of Prime Day purchases.

Hartville Tool has 15% off and free shipping. LeeValley has free shipping and Woodcraft has free shipping too.

The Bosch buy $200 get $50 off is pretty nice. I used it to get a 5 in 1 impact driver. There was also a deal of $10 if you buy $50 of DeWalt accessories. I used this to get a set of metal shears that go on my drill, and some angle grinder accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I didn't look for any tools, but our older daughter asked for a new iPad for her upcoming 24th birthday and there was a smokin' deal for Amazon Prime Day(s) from Apple. Click! Her old iPad 2 can no longer run the latest applications for Hulu, Netflix, etc, and since those things help keep her mind quiet, I was happy to jump on the deal.

For brand-name tools, there's not a huge amount of wiggle room on pricing so I wouldn't expect any incredible prices. The best deals are on Amazon-produced products including their Amazon Basics line...many of which are very good products.
    You should just reward her with a new iPad for keeping her old one so long. That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I felt the same way.

I'm pretty sure I found a glitch in the system that they ended up honoring. I purchased a bundle that included a Fire TV Stick AND an echo dot for........
    $12.84 with tax. These were both brand new current generation devices. Oh and I did receive both of them today.
    Why do I think it was a glitch????? Will the PD deals for each by themselves was $15 for the fire stick and $25 for the echo dot.

Other then that I bought some Boar's hair detail brushes, WiFi smart switch for $5, and 36 AAA batteries for $4

I know I know...... I'm a big spender.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    You should just reward her with a new iPad for keeping her old one so long. That's impressive.
    LOL, but true!! I generally know the need is real when the request doesn't include drama...and she's correct that the app providers have stated they can no longer support the older iPad OS at this point. She's impulsive, so the drama quotient is an important indicator. The Younger doesn't use hers anymore, but she asked for an Apple Watch for her birthday which is more useful to her in many ways. A refurb was attractively priced for that. (I also have an iPad 2, but only use it as a remote for the AppleTV in our media room at this point) Apple actually did well by me this week...I'm upgrading from my mid-2012 Macbook Pro r13 to a 2019 r15. Professor Dr. SWMBO is getting the 2012 as her portable to take to classrooms for presentations since it's hugely more reliable than the Dells and others that the university provides, even if just running Windows. Runs like new, but my graphic work is needing more memory now than it can provide.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...