Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breaking in and stretching cowboy boots

Quote Originally Posted by Günter VögelBerg View Post
    ... Better believe i'm wearing boots to the interview.
    You are THE MAN!! Good luck and welcome!

... Lucchese ...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    ... Lucchese ...
    Now you guys are talking sexy. (More boots than shoes here. Cayman belly with a suit. Bill Maher can laugh all he wants and %^## *~ @$$.)

I have decided I want to become a naturalized US citizen next year. Better believe i'm wearing boots to the interview.
    Good for you Gunter! I love the boots to the interview idea.
    Fref
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

What are you guys' opinions on the square toe boots? My wife keeps trying to convince me that I should get some because they are more "fashion forward" but I just don't like them.

What are you guys' opinions on the square toe boots? My wife keeps trying to convince me that I should get some because they are more "fashion forward" but I just don't like them.
    I'm a traditionalist on toes (if there IS such a thing): I like the narrow round or medium round styles. (Same rationale with the underslung heel.)

get a spray bottle of SELLARI'S S-P-S
    https://www.panhandleleather.com/SEL...QUART-S-11.htm

Square toes for me. Just personal preference. Pointy toes and high heels are for real cowboys/girls that spend a lot of time in the saddle. Square toes are just more comfortable.

I've had old timey shoe repair guys stretch boots/ leather shoes years ago.

They have different methods and tooling for different situations.

Worked out pretty good.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

I have a buddy who was in the military a lifetime ago and did a lot of running in leather boots. He told me the guys would put on double socks, soak the boots in hot water, and go for a run. Apparently, that was the accepted way to break them in.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

soak them thru wear until dry . thats how the USMC had us brake in new combat boots 50 yrs ago.

I figured out a way to stretch the shafts--the area I was having trouble with. I took some 2-liter soda bottles, filled them with water, put the caps, shoved them in the boots and put the boots in the freezer.

Business casual like a pro.

20190812_121411.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ashmore View Post
    soak them thru wear until dry . thats how the USMC had us brake in new combat boots 50 yrs ago.
    Great method for army boots!

Blog Entries
    In the future, try the boots on and walk around 15 or 20 steps to see if they re comfortable.