Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just saw an add . .

Blog Entries

I just saw an add . .

for Adam Lambert's upcoming concert in the Toyota Center in Houston.
    Prices are as high as $2,700 seat.
    Can you believe it?

I can believe it . . . I'm just not gonna pay it. Nothing personal, but unless I'm having dinner and a movie with the artist - $2700 for 2 hours of entertainment borders on "more money than good sense".

Who's Adam Lambert?
    (yes, i can look it up but that's my point - i have to look it up.)

$2700 is half of what I paid for a "decent" used car not long ago. Aint a chance Im paying that much money for a DAY of entertainment, much less 2 hrs. Not even for Jagger, Sir Paul or someone of that caliber. Just cant reach that far.

Blog Entries
    Heck, my wife balked at paying $150 for tickets to see one of her favorite performers.

At least they had a name that was familiar to me. Adam Lambert? Is he the original Adam from whom someone might not know someone else?

(yes, i can look it up but that's my point - i have to look it up.)
    If it isn't going to make my life any better or richer, why should any of my time be wasted looking him up?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Adam Levine is a Voice judge, Lambert took runner up in American Idol's 8th Season-- pretty sure Lambert's been on Voice, but I'm not sure he's ever been a judge--?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Adam Lambert is very talented, but he's not to my taste & probably wouldn't pay money to see him. For free I might.

Blog Entries
    I was confusing Adam Lambert with Adam Levine.
    I am not familiar Adam Lambert.

Blog Entries
    From what I've heard of him, he's a very middle of the road pop singer. Nothing much about his music interests me. I think his talent is going to waste. Pretty much another manufactured pop star.

Adam Lambert has an amazing voice that few can equal...and in addition to his solo career post-Idol, he's also the voice for Queen's tours at this point and is satisfying concert-goers at a level that only Freddy Mercury exceeded. No, I wouldn't pay that much for concert tickets for ANY artist, but I'd cheerfully attend and enjoy if someone gifted them to me. Those $2700 tickets are also likely some special seating that the average-Joe/Jane isn't about to buy, but every one will likely be sold.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

25 years ago, I worked with a guy who worshiped the ground Streisand walked on. Every time she came to town, he and his wife would blow a months pay on tickets, a hotel near the venues etc. I really don't buy concert tickets and don't go to many concerts. 40 plus years ago, I spent $60 a ticket for concert tickets and Elvis died a few weeks before the concert. I have been fortunate enough to see many concerts for free at large public celebrations. There are few "current" artists that I have any desire to see or hear. There are a bunch of now classic tune artists I would like to see. The guys who did the timeless songs every body hums. For instance Procol Harum Whiter Shade of Pale. Such musicians are fast passing on, or losing their voices.

Only one singer I would pay to see....Garth Brooks

A classic case of "A fool and his money are soon parted!"

I’d love to see him and Queen, just not in exchange for a Sawstop:-).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I’d love to see him and Queen, just not in exchange for a Sawstop:-).
    Indeed, that would be a tough trade...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I did see Queen back in the '70's. But it was a huge disappointment. A combination of a very poor venue (old hockey rink) and Freddie Mercury's voice being clearly overworked.