Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just saw an add . .

I've only been to 2 concerts that I had to pay for CCR and Robert Zimmerman

I would not exchange a SawStop for a personal introduction to THE Queen. That's crazy money for me.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I was confusing Adam Lambert with Adam Levine.
    I am not familiar Adam Lambert.
    So is the subject matter in this thread Levine (Maroon 5) or Lambert (Queen)?

"Fifty years ago this summer, 500,000 people attended Woodstock.
    The amazing thing is, almost 12,000,000 of them are still alive."
    - Bill Maher (I think)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

In a similar vein Lee about 3 million served in Vietnam and now over 10 million claim they did. As for concerts they attended, my last one was Roy Orbison over 25 years ago and the tickets were a gift. All concerts by almost all artists are far to expensive these days.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    As for concerts they attended, my last one was Roy Orbison over 25 years ago...
    Quite a bit more than 25 years ago, methinks: he died in 1988.
    Time flies when you're having fun and/or getting old.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I've only been to 2 concerts that I had to pay for CCR and Robert Zimmerman
    I'm sure one (if not both) put on a Nobel worthy performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Quite a bit more than 25 years ago, methinks: he died in 1988.
    Time flies when you're having fun and/or getting old.
    I might be able to find $2700 to go back in time and be in the audience of his "Black and White Night" concert.

I also went to an Arlo Guthrie but that was a gift ticket he is a great story teller like his dad was.

Blog Entries
    I go to quite a few concerts now, probably more in the last 10 years than in the 30 years before that. Most are small venue, standing only alt rock type bands. I think there is more great music being made now than ever before and the internet is largely responsible for that. The record companies & radio DJ's are not longer the deciders of what people get to listen to.

I love the old stuff & still listen to it some, but there is just way too much great new stuff out there to confine myself to the 'oldies'.

I've heard that the music streaming model has basically devalued income royalties to artists from what we used to call "record sales". As a result, most artists make their income primarily from touring and live performances. It does seem like all artists, especially the aging legacy artists, are touring more than ever.

I have another theory that in the information age, live performance is human sensory experience that you just can't get in front of a screen, and maybe there's more demand because of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    I have another theory that in the information age, live performance is human sensory experience that you just can't get in front of a screen, and maybe there's more demand because of it.
    That's a fact. Nothing like a live show where you can get up & move. I love watching music videos & have a 75" TV with a 14 speaker, 2600 W sound system, so I can match the bass & volume of a live show, but it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    That's a fact. Nothing like a live show where you can get up & move. I love watching music videos & have a 75" TV with a 14 speaker, 2600 W sound system, so I can match the bass & volume of a live show, but it's not the same.
    Further to your point, I saw Roger Waters last year. I paid about $100 per ticket and it was worth every penny. The old Pink Floyd shows were always a sensory experience but Waters has taken full advantage of technology to take it to a new level. The sound was better than I've ever heard anywhere. The visuals were amazing. It was really mind blowing, and I would do it again in a heart beat. Sometimes it's worth spending some money on an experience and the memories rather than another piece of physical clutter.

I got drug to the Queens and Adam Lambert concert last night in Phx.
    The singing was good, the special effects were great. It was a great light show, and what they can do live on the big screens in the stadium was one of the best I ever saw.
    Glad I went and worth it.
    Just a note, I did not pay close to $2,000

Paul, count me "very jealous"...'glad you got to experience that concert live!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...