Thread: shoot me please*******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

shoot me please*******

GUys and Gals need some serious help.. I have 2 Epilog lasers and both of them have decided to go nuts. Before we get started I have rebooted, replaced and done just about all I can think of. Today both machines decided to stop printing and the only thing I can point to is updates by windows and netgear on the ORBI system. I have replaced cables the switch and rebooted and reset anything I could. Now the ORBI will not let me remove the last flash update. so this is what is happening.

I can ping 192.168.0.40 and I get feedback 2ms to 9ms so that is great.
    When I go to the Orbi Router I find 0.40.0.0 and then it disappears.
    lazermodels.jpg
    So you can see on the first line what is going on. I would say laser issue but on two machines can be right?

I have jobs pending need some help ASAP.
    Thanks,
    Craig
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Take the router out of the loop, do what you need to do to plug the computer- or another computer straight to the lasers. That should let you know if it's a router issue.

That 0.40.0.0 IP address seems totally bogus. I have 3 or 4 screwed up routers in one of many e-junk piles around here. They do go bad...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'm with Kev on the IP address being odd. I've been involved with computers since the 80's and have never seen an ip address with a leading 0, I'm not even sure that's a valid address. Go to your laser and check the configuration, you should be able to either have it get the ip automatically using dhcp or you should be able to give it a static address (preferred). I would look at the list you have on your Orbi and use one higher than the highest one there - I usually use 192.168.1.88 - nothing special about that address but it should be high enough to miss anything that gets its ip by dhcp and far enough below the typical top ip of 192.168.1.99 that it shouldn't interfere with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    GUys and Gals need some serious help.. I have 2 Epilog lasers and both of them have decided to go nuts. Before we get started I have rebooted, replaced and done just about all I can think of. Today both machines decided to stop printing and the only thing I can point to is updates by windows and netgear on the ORBI system. I have replaced cables the switch and rebooted and reset anything I could. Now the ORBI will not let me remove the last flash update. so this is what is happening.

I can ping 192.168.0.40 and I get feedback 2ms to 9ms so that is great.
    When I go to the Orbi Router I find 0.40.0.0 and then it disappears.
    lazermodels.jpg
    So you can see on the first line what is going on. I would say laser issue but on two machines can be right?

I have jobs pending need some help ASAP.
    Thanks,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    I'm with Kev on the IP address being odd. I've been involved with computers since the 80's and have never seen an ip address with a leading 0, I'm not even sure that's a valid address. Go to your laser and check the configuration, you should be able to either have it get the ip automatically using dhcp or you should be able to give it a static address (preferred). I would look at the list you have on your Orbi and use one higher than the highest one there - I usually use 192.168.1.88 - nothing special about that address but it should be high enough to miss anything that gets its ip by dhcp and far enough below the typical top ip of 192.168.1.99 that it shouldn't interfere with anything else.
    Ok I will try by passing everything but the ip address is supposed to be 192.168.0.040 and 192.168.0.060 both of these are under the 100 - 254 window the dhcp server can load to.

how do you remove it from the loop i have a switch do I just unplug the router and do a aping if so comes up random

Pinging 192.168.0.48 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.0.167: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.48:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

You can manually set the IP address on your Epilog machine, and that's the best thing to do. Manual is here: https://www.epiloglaser.com/assets/d...structions.pdf Starting on page 37 shows how to manually assign the IP Address.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Matheny View Post
    Ok I will try by passing everything but the ip address is supposed to be 192.168.0.040 and 192.168.0.060 both of these are under the 100 - 254 window the dhcp server can load to.

how do you remove it from the loop i have a switch do I just unplug the router and do a aping if so comes up random

Pinging 192.168.0.48 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.48:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Craig, if you remove the switch, then you need a cross-over cable between the pc and laser. See if that helps you to connect once you set the ip to the machine....
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Clumpner View Post
    Craig, if you remove the switch, then you need a cross-over cable between the pc and laser. See if that helps you to connect once you set the ip to the machine....
    None of that helps but got Ian on the phone from epilog and he says it is the 32 bit ver of corel not able to handle the larger files. He also said dont worry about the router being all works thanks
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

Craig,

Hope you finally got your set-up to work. Since you're in Orange County, I've been meaning to connect, but finally had a tid-bit I thought could help if you get stuck again.

Did you know UCI engineering Dept. has a maker space open to the public? I needed a larger bed for a 1-off project last week and found this place. http://manufacturing.uci.edu/index.php/fabworks-2/ . They run a Mini-24 and a Fusion M2. All you need is to go through their cursory training and then it's $10/hour. Only bummer is, you need to hike in whatever materials from the parking structure to their 2nd floor space.

File it away for future issues.

-bc
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav