Thread: YetiTool Smartbench - 4' x 8' transportable CNC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

YetiTool Smartbench - 4' x 8' transportable CNC

I have not yet seen a post on the YetiTool Smartbench - 4' x 8' CNC that can be transported to a job site or easily assembled and disassembled in a garage workshop. I have questions about the rigidity of the platform and accuracy of cuts that may have been necessary tradeoffs to achieve the portable form factor. Its a very innovative solution and if accurate and robust might be a great solution in certain environments.

If anyone has experience with the Yeti Smartbench - I'd love to get their feedback.

Here is a youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvR...ature=youtu.be

YetiTool is a U.K. company.

The only thing I would contact the company about how well does it support the long edges if your design takes up that much space.

Put it on an uneven floor - then what happens? Can't see it myself...

What the $$ value?
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Interesting and its already been asked.... most construction jobs do not have a level or dry area this could be used at, for home shop use perhaps.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Accurate results require positive holding of the workpiece in a flat plane, which seems to be missing here. An interesting concept but needs work.