Thread: kolbalt 26 Gal quiet air compressor

kolbalt 26 Gal quiet air compressor

Well I decided I wanted a air compressor that does alot more than the california quiet 8 gallon knock off. So I did some research and wanted to get something that does air tools and spray painting. Lowes had a Kolbalt 26 gal. that does 5.5 CFM at 40 PSI and 4.5 CFM at 90 PSI. I know a few people that have the larger Kobalt compressors and seem pretty happy with them so I got one and its rated at 78db on the noise level and it is pretty quiet since I ran it up to 90 PSI and turn it off to see if there are any leaks and after 30 mins no leaks.

It had some good ratings so will see after a few months how it does. It does look like it uses the same motor setup as does California air.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-QUIE...sor/1000405189

Congrat's on your new compressor Marlin.
    Been a few threads these past weeks on the Kobalt compressors. Be nice to see everyone's feedback on them in 6 moths or so.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Been a few threads these past weeks on the Kobalt compressors. Be nice to see everyone's feedback on them in 6 moths or so.
    Yea I used other tools made by Kobalt and always been happy with them so we will see

Marlin

A few years back I finally gave up on the small portables and bought a 5HP, 60 gallon Rolair. It's so nice to not worry about pressure drops and running out of air when you need it.
    Check the drain valve. The two recent threads on the Kobalt's both experienced leaks at the drain valve connection.
    Good luck with your new compressor.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Since I work out of one side of a two car garage, I needed a small compressor. I had a 2.5hp 33 gallon Craftsman compressor and it was too big for what I need air for. Also the noise from it was obnoxious. I purchased the 2 gallon quiet tech Kobalt compressor this past weekend and I love it. For the most part its used to run a finish nailer and blow off saw dust from my bench. It's rated at 125 max psi and a decibel rating of >60. It's really quiet. I haven't used it a lot yet but I haven't noticed leaks at the drain valve yet.

Congrats on the new compressor

Marlin, congrats! New stuff is fun! I just got a Kobalt compressor and so far, I'm very happy with it. I did replaced the drain for easy access. My old compressor got drained about once a year. Actually, that's probably once every few years...my bad. Anyways, it's a good mod. Other than that, the only issue it had was two very slow leaks at the pressure dial connections. I used Permatex High Performance Sealant on the joints, let it cure for a couple of days before pressurizing and since then, no detectable leakage. Also, love the blue color.
    If you don't mind, I do have a suggestion. Try the Kobalt High Flow connectors. They have a much larger ID, so much better air flow. I've thrown out all of my old fittings and am completely High Flow now. If you do any painting or blasting, it really will make a difference.
    Congrats again and have fun with the new Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    I have had mine for over 6 months but not a lot of use. I am still very happy with it only bad thing is one of the mufflers has a leak so the compressor is a bit louder then it was at first. I should look in to the warranty about getting a new muffler but it is still quiet enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Marlin, congrats! New stuff is fun! I just got a Kobalt compressor and so far, I'm very happy with it. I did replaced the drain for easy access. My old compressor got drained about once a year. Actually, that's probably once every few years...my bad. Anyways, it's a good mod. Other than that, the only issue it had was two very slow leaks at the pressure dial connections. I used Permatex High Performance Sealant on the joints, let it cure for a couple of days before pressurizing and since then, no detectable leakage. Also, love the blue color.
    If you don't mind, I do have a suggestion. Try the Kobalt High Flow connectors. They have a much larger ID, so much better air flow. I've thrown out all of my old fittings and am completely High Flow now. If you do any painting or blasting, it really will make a difference.
    Congrats again and have fun with the new Blue.
    Huskey has them too And a big fan