Thread: Cast Iron Router Table Extension for Powermatic 66

Cast Iron Router Table Extension for Powermatic 66

Who makes a 28" wide cast iron router table extension for a Powermatic 66 these days? All the ones I can find are 27" wide.

I saw a post from about 10 years ago about a company called Quality Grinding and Machine that used to make them, but their website seems to be gone and their phone number is disconnected.
    "The key to patience is doing something else."

Worse case, if you can't find a unit that has the larger size, install the 27" version and just fasten a shop-made surface extension made out of wood to the back (saw outfeed side) to make up the space. There is not a huge demand for products that are custom sized so if folks making cast iron router setups didn't sell enough at that size, there's little point is selling them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I thought about that. I'm just afraid it would be the type of thing that would look cheap and bother me over time.
    "The key to patience is doing something else."

Oh, I understand that. I had the same concerns when I added the BenchDog top to my slider as a "poor man's shaper" years ago. It doesn't extend back quite as far as the saw's cast iron top. But it fit the need. The bigger table on the PM saw is a bit of an anomaly so an exact match is going to be difficult I suspect.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What about using metal bar or tubing stock to make up the 1inch you’re looking for?

If it bothers you that much ,buy a different saw..

I have two of the 27 by 24 Quality Grinding and Machine saw table extensions with router raisers. They are absolutely the best table saw extensions I have ever seen. Machined steel is tough and precise, nothing in its class that I know of, sadly I don't use my table saw anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I have two of the 27 by 24 Quality Grinding and Machine saw table extensions with router raisers. They are absolutely the best table saw extensions I have ever seen. Machined steel is tough and precise, nothing in its class that I know of, sadly I don't use my table saw anymore.
    Where do you buy these tables? I found an old website link and it appears they are out of business?