Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: removing underlayment from around kitchen cabinets

We all approach renos differently. I am a contractor and have always removed the cabinets to install new flooring. The final decision is made by the homeowner as it does cost more.re and re base cabinets is a relatively quick process.a lot of my work is building kitchens.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ross View Post
    We all approach renos differently. I am a contractor and have always removed the cabinets to install new flooring. The final decision is made by the homeowner as it does cost more.re and re base cabinets is a relatively quick process.a lot of my work is building kitchens.

Brian
    I guess the decision to remove cabinets largely depends on the particular kitchen. If removing cabinets, what do you do about the counter tops? What about tile back splash? I suppose if there's no tile back splash & the counters are just inexpensive p-lam, then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

If your removing the flooring down to the subflooring, then putting in a new floor, cabinet height shouldn't change any significant amount.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    If your removing the flooring down to the subflooring, then putting in a new floor, cabinet height shouldn't change any significant amount.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Bought the toe kick saw at H.F. with a 20 percent off coupon. Renting a toe kick saw was almost as expensive as buying one.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.