Thread: OSH store near me reopened

OSH store near me reopened

The OSH chain was closed down by Lowes about one year ago. One of the stores in my town has reopened as an Ace hardware. It is almost exactly like OSH was. Most everything is located in the same store fixtures in the same locations. Right now they have a ton of workers to help you find stuff.
    It may pay to check out your abandoned OSH locations? The other OSH in town is still shut down, they share a parking lot with Toys R Us.
    Bill D.

PS: behind this reopened store is Orchard Elementary School.

Blog Entries
    Sadly on a recent trip to town one of my stops was to be at the local ACE Hardware. The building was empty. It had closed a couple weeks earlier without any notice to some of us who have been receiving emails and snail mail for years.

The nearest OSH before Lowes was about an hour's drive for me.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    I have both Ace, Lowes, and Home Depot nearby. It is convenient to go to Ace for a quick trip to pick up a part
    I need.

The local OSH building was used by the Paradise Unified School District for their intermediate school after the Camp Fire that roared through Paradise, CA last year, it was announced recently that Ace Hardware would be opening up there soon, there is a True Value Hardware that just opened up across the street I do have to wonder how they will fare.

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale