Thread: Folding Table - Which One?

Question Folding Table - Which One?

Looking for some feedback and input on folding tables like the Festool MFT and Kreg Adaptive System. I would be using this for occasional cuts using my Makita track saw, but on a more regular basis as my sanding surface for my Festool sander/vac and as an assembly/clamping table. i need easy fold up so it can move out of the way when not in use if needed.

Thanks for for helping me decide which table might work best for me.

I love my MFT. I struggled with the decision whether to order it or not when purchasing a few Festool tools. It is the one tool I use on every project. It is extremely versatile for holding, clamping, gluing, cutting, etc.

i never used or owned the Kreg system so can not comment on it.

I use the MFT every day and as stated there just so many ways to use it for clamping and holding things. It gets used for sanding, the Domino, cutting and some routing. For me it's not that great a surface for assembly unless it is something quite small, there just isn't that much room on the surface and I find the the near side track support in the way. For everything else it is golden.

While I don't use it often, I love my MFT, too. In fact, I plan on a new bench top for my primary bench that is based on the same 96mm grid system and am working on a design for a luthery specific bench that will also leverage the same.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Looking for some feedback and input on folding tables like the Festool MFT and Kreg Adaptive System. I would be using this for occasional cuts using my Makita track saw, but on a more regular basis as my sanding surface for my Festool sander/vac and as an assembly/clamping table. i need easy fold up so it can move out of the way when not in use if needed.

Thanks for for helping me decide which table might work best for me.
    I like the Bora Centipede constructions. Do they have all kinds of "machine accommodations"? No. But they are immensely storable, and only need some plywood to flower to full usefulness. Base for a track saw? Check. Assembly table? Hell yeah. It's like somebody pulled a hole out of their pocket and dropped Wile Coyote through it. Good stuff.

I have a couple of the Centipede units and they are indeed quite handy, albeit very wiggly until you get something on top of them. I use them for incidental auxiliary work surfaces, but not "hard work" as they are not as stable as an MFT or workbench. They were a good buy at about $35 each from Lowes on sale awhile ago.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks guys.

Anyone ever used the Armor tables? They don’t fold but they do roll and have a butcher block top with dog holes for clamping and whatnot. Probably not the best for a track saw but I could use a sacrificial top for cutting as needed. Little cheaper but I don’t know if they would really compare.