Thread: Jet jwts-10

Jet jwts-10

I have found a Jet JWTS-10 with the Xacta fence and 52" rail on Craigslist. It is the old blue color and appears to be in good shape, no rust on the table. I am going to look at it tonight and was hoping to get some opinions if $400 was a good price for this saw. I appreciate any feeback.

Sounds high for a contractors saw.

Here’s a reference:
    https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/38819

Philip

That's too much. I own that saw, same vintage, and while it is a nice machine, it's not $400.00 nice. I figure maybe $250.00 tops for it if I ever sold it,and mine has the cast iron, not stamped, extension wings. I see too many 3HP fully enclosed, Delta Unisaws, of varying vintages, on Craigslist for $400.00-$700.00.
    BTW, dust collection with that saw, or any contractor style saw from that era, "sucks", and not in a good way.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Philip where I live,Alberta that would be an Ok deal . You are getting a great fence with a decent saw. The fence alone is worth about $250 or so (Alberta).

It's that old supply & demand thing, prices vary with local supply. Phillip doesn't say where he's located, it seems to me like used equipment prices are higher in the west, lower in the northeastern/mid-atlantic U.S. I probably would be in line with Mike Cutler, around $250 - $300 but then I live in one of the 'older' parts of the country.

Blog Entries
    Even in Alberta that's highish. I had that saw with a 52" Bies, router table in the extension, mobile platform, crosscut sled and 4 or 5 good blades. I got $400 for it & felt that I got a very good price. Like Mike said great fence, decent saw.

hey Frank phone me next time you have something to sell... Just messing with you. I always figure it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I have payed 300-400 for two of them one with a 52''Unifence and one with a Biesmeyer. For me it was more about the fences,I knew what I was getting there.