Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's official I moved from woodworking hobbyist to tool addict

Mike, found these https://www.fastenerusa.com/staples/...5m-jobpak.html Not sure if shipping is a killer though. I had another company, I used for some wide ones. Will have to see if I can find them again. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    Mike, found these https://www.fastenerusa.com/staples/...5m-jobpak.html Not sure if shipping is a killer though. I had another company, I used for some wide ones. Will have to see if I can find them again. Dan
    Thanks, Dan. I appreciate you passing that on to me.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I like the Senco brand of staples much better than any of the others, or at least when it matters for them to Really hold. The Senco staples, as do their nails, have a glue on the legs that heats up as the fastener goes into the wood, and makes them, far and away, more difficult to withdraw. I bought some brand of stainless staples, that had no glue of any kind on the legs, and I'd guess the difference in holding strength to be a factor of 25.

Some other brands have some sort of adhesive on them that looks sort of like the same thing, but the difference in holding power is not much different than the plain legs.

I think some brands sell coated and uncoated, so I wouldn't depend on just the brand when ordering. We used to keep some of both since the coated ones worked so well they couldn't be used for anything temporary. Somebody has to make
    sure they get BIG labels and are not intermixed. Even if you work alone!

I am amused by your assertion

You want to see addiction? Stop in at the hand tool forum.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.