Thread: Pictures

Pictures

Several years ago saw a video Frank Klausz did on restoring hand planes. I call it vanity but I think I did a better job of restoration as some of you may remember I used to regrind planes and I still do on a very small scale. Anyway I am a big fan of Franks. I watch everything that he puts out if I can. But and above all I love his no nonsense attitude which is basically you never know what you can do until you try and don't talk about it do it.

I reground a #4 Bailey and sent it to him, along with a picture of my bench he inspired and a nice letter. I figured I would at least get a thank you card from him, but I didn't hear back in a couple of weeks so I forgot about it and then I got this in the mail. My wife put this in a safe place for safe keeping and it got put in a really safe place for several years.

Anyway She came across them and put the letter, pictures and shavings in a frame for me. So my matting is wood shaving from the plane. Also I was watching one of his youtube videos and I saw him using that plane. I recognize my work.

I just thought I would share my story and pictures with you.

PS: I also have pictures of myself and Norm Abrams hanging on my air cleaner in my shop . I think I will hang this on the door to my shop. That way I will see it and remember each time I enter my shop. Having talked to Norm and this response from Frank I can truly say i think they are both a class act.

DSC03554.JPG DSC03555.JPG
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bussey View Post
    PS: I also have pictures of myself and Norm Abrams hanging on my air cleaner in my shop .
    You must have pretty good strength mounting and chains there. I don't know about you, but Norm was not a skinny man.

Blog Entries
    Tom, You take an old beast of plane and make it into a beautiful top notch plane. Many others take an old beast of a plane and make it a top notch worker while leaving it with its beastly persona.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

That's great Tom! I always thought Klaus was a class act and your story confirms it!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Having met Frank twice over the last 25 years to say he is a class act and genuine human being is a gross understatement. He is a true gentleman.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Everyone I've recommended your planes to has been thrilled.

Quality shows, and your work shines.

Kudos on the kerpsakes