Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Built Power Feeder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dan petroski View Post
    Boy I am logged in and it says I don’t have access to this page when I try to open the pic. I have a lot of trouble with this site and I know most of it is my computer ineptitude..used to be able to post pics and can’t figure it out any more..just built a blade jointer for the sawminn but it could be adapted to a vertical bandsaw easily.
    just had a hip replaced so I’ve got time fo play on this computer  Dan
    You don't have access to images and some other forum features unless you pay the $6/year to become a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    You don't have access to images and some other forum features unless you pay the $6/year to become a contributor.
    Hi Dan,
    Yes - the rules changed around the beginning of May. I think you can post pictures, you just can't see then unless you become a contributor.
    David

I don't know who removed the thread in question but the rules here prevent anyone from participating in any thread or discussion that involves a product or service that they have a commercial interest. Even though the product in question is in a research mode it was announced that it would be available for sale hence its a commercial product.

Gary Campbell has been a Sponsor/Advertiser here for some time, I failed to upgrade his account title which is my error not his. At some point in time I expect Gary will provide me with a banner graphic so it can be included in our rotation, at this time it doesn't seem to be a priority. I changed his title this morning to Sponsor which indicates he has permission to promote his products here and provide tech support.

The comment concerning whether a Moderator is afraid to answer a question is laughable. All of you know that our Staff here has no fear when it comes to moderation . In the Summer season our schedules often include vacation time like most of you and our Staff is often at less then normal levels. One of our Moderators is currently in Europe. We also get involved with our own projects on occasion so that can affect the time period that a variety of threads are reviewed. Personally I currently have several projects in the works, I just finished a rather large exterior sign, I have a small sign in my CNC machine this morning and a huge commercial building to bid today that would be several months work.

Just a reminder: We do stretch the rules considerably in our Lumber Yard Forum because it is not publicly accessible and its a good place to gather information that would never be allowed in any of our primary forum areas. If in doubt you can always send a Private Message to me and ask......Hey Keith can I post.....?

I hope you are all having a great Summer, mine has been very hectic so far and the temperatures way to hot
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-15-2019 at 9:26 AM.

I am the moderator that pulled the original thread. I'm working 3 jobs right now and my time is extremely limited and I haven't had time to respond to most anything. So please accept my apology for not getting back in a more timely manner.
    I don't make the rules here but I do help the forum sections stick to the guidelines as so laid out in the SMC Terms Of Service.

AL,
    If you want a more direct answer to your questions...Please reach out to Keith Outten as he is the site owner/admin. I'm just a volunteer here.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Just to defend the Moderators a bit here..... When I saw Mr Lad's original post, I read it as a "Hey, Im going to be selling these feeders soon, give me some feedback" and interpreted it as a "pre-advertizement". And I thought that crossed the line. But when others were interested and the thread stayed open, I thought it was just me and shut up.

Ive been here about 5 years and Ive seen the Mods have delete similar things before. I dont believe they were singling out Mr. Lad or ignoring Mr. Buchhauser. They were following SMC precedents. The Mods work for free and are a big reason this is such a great place.

I agree with you about Gary Campbell's posts. I always thought they were ads, but when they showed up repeatedly, I figured there was something I didnt know. Turns out there was. Thanks to Keith for clarifying and thanks to Gary for being a sponsor!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I don't know who removed the thread in question but the rules here prevent anyone from participating in any thread or discussion that involves a product or service that they have a commercial interest. Even though the product in question is in a research mode it was announced that it would be available for sale hence its a commercial product.

Gary Campbell has been a Sponsor/Advertiser here for some time, I failed to upgrade his account title which is my error not his. At some point in time I expect Gary will provide me with a banner graphic so it can be included in our rotation, at this time it doesn't seem to be a priority. I changed his title this morning to Sponsor which indicates he has permission to promote his products here and provide tech support.

The comment concerning whether a Moderator is afraid to answer a question is laughable. All of you know that our Staff here has no fear when it comes to moderation . In the Summer season our schedules often include vacation time like most of you and our Staff is often at less then normal levels. One of our Moderators is currently in Europe. We also get involved with our own projects on occasion so that can affect the time period that a variety of threads are reviewed. Personally I currently have several projects in the works, I just finished a rather large exterior sign, I have a small sign in my CNC machine this morning and a huge commercial building to bid today that would be several months work.

Just a reminder: We do stretch the rules considerably in our Lumber Yard Forum because it is not publicly accessible and its a good place to gather information that would never be allowed in any of our primary forum areas. If in doubt you can always send a Private Message to me and ask......Hey Keith can I post.....?

I hope you are all having a great Summer, mine has been very hectic so far and the temperatures way to hot
    Hi Keith,
    Thanks for clearing that up! Just out of curiosity, what are the requirements (and cost) to becoming a SMC sponsor? I have not been able to find any information at this site, although perhaps I have overlooked it.
    David