Thread: No Auto Image Rotation?

No Auto Image Rotation?

I saw an older thread that vbulletin doesn't obey the embedded rotation info in a digital photo. I'm assuming this is why every picture I post is 90 degrees off?
    But today I posted a photo I know I took with the phone held "up" not "sideways". And it still is rotated wrong.

vbulletin is feeling like it is a bit long in the tooth. Is it still being maintained and updated? Seems like in 2019 dealing with photo orientation should be a no brainier feature for forum software.

It would be interesting to know what phone you took the picture. Often, these problems happen with a iPhone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Blog Entries
    There is a sticky thread up above that discusses photo orientation issues. When we shift to the new software it will no longer be an issue.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-09-2019 at 1:40 PM.

It is only a problem with cell phones, as far as I can tell. I am an avid amateur and have quite a large number of digital cameras. I never have a rotation problem with Nikon, Canon or Panasonic cameras. I don't understand why Apple, and eventually Samsung, changed a metadata standard that had been in place for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    I saw an older thread that vbulletin doesn't obey the embedded rotation info in a digital photo. I'm assuming this is why every picture I post is 90 degrees off?
    But today I posted a photo I know I took with the phone held "up" not "sideways". And it still is rotated wrong.
    I have no idea why the SMC vbulletin behaves as it does but the fix is easy - load into an image editor, rotate as desired, and save as a new file. I use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

JKJ

What will the new software be? (Just Curious).

Xenforo.......
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Can't wait. vbulletin feels a bit long in the tooth.

I talked with Aaron Koehl last night about the Xenforo upgrade. He is still not able to make a commitment on the date because of some contract work he is doing now but I hope it won't be much longer.